942 HD Tuner #1 gone bad

Larrykay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
Has anyone had there HD tuner go bad on there 942? All of a sudden my HD tuner to set #1 went haywire the picture had horizontal green lines all over the place. Thought it was a bad connection and tried a new HDMI cable but this did'nt help, tried a new set of component cables and still have the bad picture, Now tuner #2 still has a good picture, running the wires through the composite outputs. Called Dish and they are going to sent out a replacement 942. Tried to get them to send me a VIP 622 but they said I should wait till April. or pay the $299.00. Thanks

goaliebob99 said:
have you tryed a reboot.. there is a bug that does that and all you have to do is reboot the reciver to fix it.
I dount they would send him a new one without having him go through that stuff first.

I did all the troubleshooting before I called, Cust. Service is going to send me a new 942 on what I told them over the phone. Funny thing though everything started to work again. Very strange. Is'nt technology great. anyway I called and cancelled the replacement 942. I'll wait till April and get the VIP 622.

People need to remember the difference between tuners and outputs. :cool:

The OP's problem had to do with TV1 output, not either satellite tuner or even the OTA tuner.

SimpleSimon said:
People need to remember the difference between tuners and outputs. :cool:

The OP's problem had to do with TV1 output, not either satellite tuner or even the OTA tuner.

Now I have definitly had one of the tuners on my 942 act up similar to what the op said and it was the tuner, not the output.

One tuner would go haywire with distorted video or blank altogether then hit "swap" on remote to access other tuner which was fine, hit "swap" again to return to original tuner and still messed up. Soft boot usually takes care of it but it's still annoying.

OK - you're right, a little more information posted would remove the doubt.

However, the fact that he went through the script with E* leads me to stick with my first post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)