942 Lease

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
I saw some posts about subs being able to lease a 942 with a $250 down payment. I called and the CSR said they don't lease them ???

BS TV Service

It is pretty bad when I can't even give my money ($250.) to this bs tv service. Now that VOOM is gone , they are just gonna treat us like sh*t even more.

Yup, I'm unhappy about that too. I hear that we existing customers should be able to do the $250 thing in May. Maybe there will be some useful scoop on the next Charlie Chat (doubtful, but maybe).

da Doug

jmd102354 said:
It is pretty bad when I can't even give my money ($250.) to this bs tv service. Now that VOOM is gone , they are just gonna treat us like sh*t even more.

The only thing I can think of is that they just don't have the number of units yet produced ready to ship out to all of their existing customer base.

Does that make it right to give the 942 lease to new customers only? Hell no...many of us have been paying customers for years...so why treat us like that?

I'm not happy about it either...but they have me by the balls right now...so I will continue to watch SD with my 522 DVR on a HDTV. I could get the 811...but I cannot live without the TIVO functionality.

I'm a new customer and I "leased" the 942 for $250, one time payment. They do not charge a monthly fee. I did get the Americas all or whatever pack, though. Maybe that is why there is no fee. Anyway, so I paid $250 one time and got the 942. I guess i do have to give it back when I'm finished using it though.

I used to be a Dish Network customer in 2002 and, since they had me on record by address, they were telling me that I had to re-activate and be charged like an existing customer. I was trying to get the $250 upgrade to the 942. I tried an independent place, Direct Dish, they tried putting me in the system, told me I'd have to call and upgrade the HD receiver to the 942 DVR after activation. When they got to my address, the system said duplicate address and they told me I'd have to call Dish Network to try and get the new promo. I called and got the re-activation information. After several hours and looking into DirecTV packages, I called back to find out what it was going to cost without the promo and someone got me setup as a 'previous customer' with the promo. I got a 4 room deal, got the 942 at the $249 promo upgrade price and a 522 for the other two rooms with 'Everything' package. When the rep came on, she said they had a 'previous' customer offer to get previous subscribers back, instead of 'existing'. The key was telling her that I had no equipment (since leaving Dish, I sold the receivers) and I needed a complete install. She even gave me 3 months free premiums, credit back the $49.99 install fee after activation, and credit back $4.98 HD charges for 12 months. But I had to do 24 months to get the deal.