921 L213 Software Update

Scott Greczkowski said:
Don't get too excited just a fix for Daylight Savings Time. :)
Oh, but I always look so forward to updates containing fixes for daylight savings time. My 522 got it the other day, and I just couldn't wait for my 921 to finally be upgraded. I will try to keep my excitement down.

;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Don't get too excited just a fix for Daylight Savings Time. :)

So, how many had messed up timers Sunday? I missed one race, part of another race, Deadwood, plus some others I haven't cared to figure out.

Instead of Deadwood, I got about one hour of Chas' Angles. Program information says record from 6:00 to 8:00, event lengh is 64 minutes, and all I had was about 1 minute of Deadwood. I just knew this would happen.

All of my timers fired just fine. Of course, my damn 921 didnt download 213.

I checked my 921 on Saturday and everything looked OK but it had not downloaded the new software. (I normally leave it "ON") I then got the new software to download and everything fired just fine.

As a bitter Hooiser who's about to lose our self-imposed immunity from DST, I can only wonder how much grief we will go through when we go DST in June. See? Our new Governor is so focused on this issue, he can't even wait until next April to implement DST. If he could, then our businesses would have six months to visit our computer systems to set them to EST/EDT. Instead, we have one hour, Sunday, June 5th, to make the change. It's our idea of Y2K...

And why June 5th, you ask? Well, we couldn't change before the Indianapolis 500, that would mean the tickets would have to be reprinted, that would cost money, ABC would be messed up starting the race an hour earlier, etc. Since June 5th is the first Sunday after the race, that's the day. Never mind that over most of the state, IT departments will be scrambling to make it so.

So, don't be surprised if you see a bunch of posts from Indiana DVR owners on "how Dish screwed up my recordings" come June...