Software Update x39

It would be nice if Dish could get the OTA channel correspondence and programming grids correct for local OTA channels. In Las Vegas many channels do not have the correct "network" and most OTA are simply 1 hour blocks of anonymous content.

Anyone else have their Hopper 3 with Hopper+ reboot during afternoons or prime time? Really aggravating and happens randomly. Had this junk since last September and I really don”t believe I’m still having to put up with this sh*t show. What a joke!

• Wow
Reactions: BarnRat
Anyone else have their Hopper 3 with Hopper+ reboot during afternoons or prime time? Really aggravating and happens randomly. Had this junk since last September and I really don”t believe I’m still having to put up with this sh*t show. What a joke!
Mines reboot pretty much anytime as it has not used the time I have defined except early when I had the Hopper H3 installed in 2016 for a little time. A good example is it will show, something is not right and saying the box will reboot in 45 seconds to ensure I am having a problem free experience with the latest guide and software updates. - Forgot the exact words they used.

Mines reboot pretty much anytime as it has not used the time I have defined except early when I had the Hopper H3 installed in 2016 for a little time. A good example is it will show, something is not right and saying the box will reboot in 45 seconds to ensure I am having a problem free experience with the latest guide and software updates. - Forgot the exact words they used.
Mine has just been rebooting. No message and no warning. Completely random but about once every two weeks. The picture will freeze then go black. Then the box reboots after a couple of minutes. Yesterday this started just before 7PM and it took more than 45 minutes to get control of the box back. I also checked and the software version for the Hopper and the Hopper + stayed the same so I am not sure why it even rebooted. Very frustrating. Thankfully what we were wanting to watch was on a local channel and I was able to switch over to my HD Homerun app on my LG tv and watch it from my antenna.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Mine has just been rebooting. No message and no warning. Completely random but about once every two weeks. The picture will freeze then go black. Then the box reboots after a couple of minutes. Yesterday this started just before 7PM and it took more than 45 minutes to get control of the box back. I also checked and the software version for the Hopper and the Hopper + stayed the same so I am not sure why it even rebooted. Very frustrating. Thankfully what we were wanting to watch was on a local channel and I was able to switch over to my HD Homerun app on my LG tv and watch it from my antenna.
Once every two weeks is not normal because the box is supposed to reboot every night which is why there used to be the 1:00AM nightly reboot schedule which is how it checks for software updates, Directv never had to reboot at all even 14 years ago when there are updates. Mines sometimes will reboot 3-4 times a day. The messages were more because the box did not reboot between more than 24 hours and less than 48 hours which is why it said something is not right. I leave my box on 24/7/365 and I know before when it rebooted, it was actually in the middle of a scheduled recording.

Once every two weeks is not normal because the box is supposed to reboot every night which is why there used to be the 1:00AM nightly reboot schedule which is how it checks for software updates, Directv never had to reboot at all even 14 years ago when there are updates. Mines sometimes will reboot 3-4 times a day. The messages were more because the box did not reboot between more than 24 hours and less than 48 hours which is why it said something is not right. I leave my box on 24/7/365 and I know before when it rebooted, it was actually in the middle of a scheduled recording.
I am pretty sure mine reboots each night as well. I just don't know why it will also randomly reboot in the evenings. It could be doing it more often and I just don't notice because the television is not normally on during the day except on some weekends.

Reactions: charlesrshell
• This software upgrade will ensure that guide information matches the streaming channel content
○ The upgrade will only impact live streaming channels
Very much needed! I seen a lot of problems that also effected recording. Nothing like recording something to find out its something completely different or the constant recording a rerun saying its a new episode

I am pretty sure mine reboots each night as well. I just don't know why it will also randomly reboot in the evenings. It could be doing it more often and I just don't notice because the television is not normally on during the day except on some weekends.
It's because either the hardware or software is buggy, basically the random reboots used to happen because the box when I try to look up DVR events for a program, it would be spinning the cursor for 1-2 minutes and can't find anything and when I fast forward or rewind, it is more like doing -2x or something and it's almost like a person who says, I can't handle it anymore and just reboot. Happens on Samsung mobile phones too as my phone reboots like 20 times daily when the debug mode is set to low-medium which will automatically reboot, if it's on default of med-high, then the kernel will just panic and stay there causing the screen to have a burn-in if I left it there and do not manually reboot. Basically, things of I guess the last dozen years were not fully tested but just rushed to be released as they want to get it to the market fast and have the paying consumers actually act as Beta testers. I mean even the external HDD hookup is flawed, sometimes it will detect all the devices and sometimes only some of them and if a reboot does not fix it, then one would have to disconnect all the external HDDs, reboot the Hopper H3 and then plug in the external HDDs and wait for it to detect after the box is fully working.

I just powered up and was instantly greeted by your receiver has not reset in a while message. I was stuck on H333 for a very long time then jumped to H338 a week ago. I now have H339/P115 it also updated my remote. Glad to see any updates and hope to see improvements. Kind of scary right before a big holiday. Nothing like receiving a update that screws everything up on a Friday right before they leave the office!

My H3 upgraded from 333 to 339 Tuesaday evening, but my Wireless Joey is still @ 233. other than that tge only improvement is the guide on streaming channels is populated instead of No Information.

My H3 upgraded to 339 early this morning. Joey still at J233.
Haven't noticed any changes.

I don't have the Hopper Plus, I use Roku Ultra or stream directly from my Samsung smart tv apps on the hub.