942 picture frozen on dvr playback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Had a weird thing happen on Monday. Went to play a program recorded that day (actually was still recording at the time), and it would give me video, then it froze the frame in place, while the audio kept going along like all was well. After fiddling with fast forward and return for a while, tried watching it in real time (BBC), same story. My wife suggested I try another recording from the same date, and it also acted the same way. Programs recorded prior to that Monday were fine. So, called DISH tech support, actually got through in less than a minute, and was talked through the problem. Ended up doing the power recycle (hit the power button on the box, hold for seven seconds, let it reboot). Apparently the software needed a bit of a goose.

I realize the tribal elders of the 942 clan are probably shaking their heads in sorrow at my meager tale of woe, but for those of us who aren't as adventuresome or knowledgeable, I thought I would share this, and accept the arrows :)

Exact same thing happened to me last night watching a month-old recording off of sat local station. The first 3/4 of the hour show went fine, then it started freezing while the audio would keep going, then the picture would break up tremendously. I would hit skip back twice and it would catch up. By the end of the show the picture was breaking up into literally hundreds of bright pink pixel-boxes/tiles. This thing is getting worse and worse!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts