942 powering Preamp

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I bought this ant off of ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5810958735&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1WA-950 new Digital HDTV amplified tv antenna with rotor

Hooked it up.. I was immedatly impressed witht The results with out having to hook up the positioner, ( I had to change the factory cable because it was pal) and the positioner was pal too. Today I was playing around with the antena. and hooking it up to my hdtv tuner on my tv.. I only got one channel.. On the 942 I got every chicago station with the exception of cbs :) WTF.. Plug the cable back in to the 942 and alls the same.. so I came to the conclusion that my 942 is powering the preamp witch is apart of that active antenna feature that was listed as a feature of the 942. What do you all think???

goaliebob99 said:
I bought this ant off of ebay.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5810958735&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1WA-950 new Digital HDTV amplified tv antenna with rotor

Hooked it up.. I was immedatly impressed witht The results with out having to hook up the positioner, ( I had to change the factory cable because it was pal) and the positioner was pal too. Today I was playing around with the antena. and hooking it up to my hdtv tuner on my tv.. I only got one channel.. On the 942 I got every chicago station with the exception of cbs :) WTF.. Plug the cable back in to the 942 and alls the same.. so I came to the conclusion that my 942 is powering the preamp witch is apart of that active antenna feature that was listed as a feature of the 942. What do you all think???
CBS is the only VHF digital station in Chicagoland, so this antenna might be a little weaker for VHF. How far from the Hanckock are you? Did you try the power supply that came with the antenna? The UHF digitals are fairly easy to pick up. I even get them all about 40 miles out with a smaller ChannelMaster Stealth antenna on my roof. CBS-DT only comes in watchable for me about 25% of the time.

I was looking at that antenna too because of the rotor capability. Does anyone else have any luck with the above WA-950? I'm using the Stealth and the locals come in pretty decent. I'm about 30 miles from the main source.

Yea I tryed the powersupply that came with the antenna. it works just as well with the execption that i dont have the rotor capabilites when im hooked straight in to the 942. Im in manteno about 40-45 miles on the fringe of cbs.. this antenna will not work in the channel 2-3 range.. channel 5 comes in snowy... 7 comes in great and up.... Im contemplating wether I want to go with a vhf ant being that 1. all the locals are on uhf with the exception of cbs... 2.. Cbs is moving it dt station from 3 to 11 at time of trasition.... and 3.. because i allready get cbshd e on dish... the uhf stations are easy to pick up... with this ant. i can get a 95 on NBC 98 on abc, WGN and UPN are maxed out at 100!:) FOX 32 Is in the 90's, Chnl 26 WCIU comes in between 60 -70, I have a feeling once they go full power it will be upthere also... CBS>>> that is a diffrent story... they need a Low Power repeater downhere as its a joke.. so No bears games on CBS for me.. unless its on CbsNYC also...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)