942 problem with autotune function

Tech27

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2005
I've had my 942 for about a week and a half and absolutely love it. So before I speak of the problem I'm having, If you are considering the 942 I highly recomend it. Now to the problem. It is simply that my 942 will not perform the auto tune function. Is this a known software glich?? I do have the L226 software version. Please let me know if any other folks have this same problem and if Dish is aware of it.
Thanks!

Ok...what's up??!! I post something here...get 90 views and not one reply?? :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

Tech27 said:
Ok...what's up??!! I post something here...get 90 views and not one reply?? :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

:no :no

By autotune you are tuning in the OTA channels? I have had success here.

Have you checked the excellent section on the 924 on this site?
:confused: :confused:

When I say auto tune, I mean the auto tune timer. You know the timer you can create that will change the channel automatically (just like the DVR timer but without recording) to find this simply go in to a program to set up a record timer and you will see DVR, Auto tune, reminder. then below that you can set the frequency that the timer will execute. Anyhow, my 942 will fire correctly on a DVR timer and a Reminder timer but not an Auto Tune timer. This is the problem I've discovered. Am I the only one that uses this feature??? Sorry if my post was a little unclear about the Auto Tune

The post was clear, I suspect it's just a widely unused feature. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just record the show. Or are you recording to VCR or DVD-R from the TV2 output. Are you using TV1 or TV2? Do you have the same problem with both?

BobaBird said:
The post was clear, I suspect it's just a widely unused feature. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just record the show. Or are you recording to VCR or DVD-R from the TV2 output. Are you using TV1 or TV2? Do you have the same problem with both?[/QUOT

I am trying to use this feature when TV2 is recording and I just wanted to watch something that would be coming on a little later. I suppose I could just set a reminder, and have it remind me the show is about to begin.

What cables or converters does 942 come with?

625 receiver Universal remotes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)