625 receiver Universal remotes?

jlaavenger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
Is there a Universal remote that will operate a 625 receiver? I bought a one for all RF Universal remote but couldn't get it to learn the blue remote. I wanted to be able to have a remote that would light up at night. It will turn on the main Sat-DVR but not tv2. Does anyone know the code for tv2?
Thanks Kirk.

Ok, lets think about this here for a second. If you are going to use the one for all remote you bought in the main room,then how could you/why would you use that remote in the main room and the second room at the same time? in this case the factory UHF remote should be fine, so i don't think this is our plan.

If your not planning the OFA in your main room, and bought it instead for the second room, then you probably didn't realize that dish remotes are UHF not RF. Besides even if they were RF (like some Directv remotes for example) these Rf factory remotes typically use a proprietery frequency that none of the aftermarket remotes work with.

So if you are wanting to have a programmable remote for the second room that controls the TV2 and your tv/dvd/etc in your second room, then you have to use 2 remotes until dish changes the software to have IR codes for TV2 for us. Then you could get a universal remote that has a remote Rf receiver that could output IR to the 522/625/942 (what ever your working with). I personally think dish should just pick a code set say address 5 and assign the 522/625/942 to respond to UHF, and IR code set 5 for TV2. That would give us much better control options.

As far as I know, the 522/625/942 only accept UHF for TV2, unless the current barrage of software updates has addressed this.

Jon

No I wasn't going to use it in the main room. I just tested it there.

No I wasn't going to use it in the main room. I just tested it there. But my installer told me you could buy a Universal that would control it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts