Couple of notes about 54.x remotes

BarnRat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2021
SW USA
The installer gave us a 54.1 remote for the Hopper 3 and a 54.3 remote for the Joey 3, as shown on the diagnostics screens for both devices. But on the back of the remotes, both show as 54.0. Does the Joey 3 require the later version 54.3?

Yesterday the Hopper 3 remote (54.1) would not work all of a sudden. I noticed that the white light was not coming on for Sat or TV when buttons were pressed. I thought the batteries may be dead so I removed them, checked them, and they were OK. I put the batteries back in and the remote then worked fine ??? Do the remotes need to be "reset" in this manner from time to time?

I should work on them fine, but if you keep having issues when the phone lines come back up call them and tell them you have a bad remote and they will send you a new one. :)
Thanks boss! :thumbup

It's only happened that one time, and it's been nearly two months after the new Hopper/Joey installation. If it happens again I'll call.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The installer gave us a 54.1 remote for the Hopper 3 and a 54.3 remote for the Joey 3, as shown on the diagnostics screens for both devices. But on the back of the remotes, both show as 54.0. Does the Joey 3 require the later version 54.3?

Yesterday the Hopper 3 remote (54.1) would not work all of a sudden. I noticed that the white light was not coming on for Sat or TV when buttons were pressed. I thought the batteries may be dead so I removed them, checked them, and they were OK. I put the batteries back in and the remote then worked fine ??? Do the remotes need to be "reset" in this manner from time to time?
They're identical. One has the Google-colored Mic. They can all be used with any Hopper/Joey receivers. The issue you had was just a glitch