942 Remote Format (*) button won't work

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
I worked with a Dish Tech Support tech for a good half an hour and we could not figure out how to get the 942 Remote Format (*) button to do anything--either on TV1 or TV2.

Toggling (repeatedly pressing) should cycle through the various HD formats (480, 720, 1080), according to the manual.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I made sure I was in SAT mode--am I not using it properly?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that you can only change the format on SD channels and not HD.

Unless you set the picture to 4x3 2 setting and then you will be able to control the format on all ota and hd channels. Your analog channels will be stretched to fit the same as if they were in 16x 9 setting. It is a work around till they fix the software. I use it and the picture looks fine. I would rather be able to change settings on the hd ota channels anyway, since they are the ones that display analog programming with black bars on the sides of the picture.

I can't change format (with the remote) on ANY of the channels, whether TV 1 or TV2. But I don't know if I have the picture set to 4x3 2--will try that and see what happens....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts