942 remote won't control Sony AV Reciever

ItsDon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I programmed my 942 remote (IR) last night and sucessfully set up my Samsung DLP TV and my Sony DVD Player (using the VCR button) but I can't get the remote to operate my Sony STR-DE695 reciever. I tried to set it up under the AUX button following the instructions in the book (hitting "2" to tell it it's a reciever) and punching in all the listed Sony AV codes - none worked. I then did the "All Codes" scan in which you hit the Up/Down buttons successively until one (hopefully) works, none did. Is there a way to input any more codes? Are there updated codes out there that may work? It's not a Funai or other off brand piece of equipment, it's a 2 year old Sony, it should work. What am I missing? Help!

ItsDon said:
I programmed my 942 remote (IR) last night and sucessfully set up my Samsung DLP TV and my Sony DVD Player (using the VCR button) but I can't get the remote to operate my Sony STR-DE695 reciever. I tried to set it up under the AUX button following the instructions in the book (hitting "2" to tell it it's a reciever) and punching in all the listed Sony AV codes - none worked. I then did the "All Codes" scan in which you hit the Up/Down buttons successively until one (hopefully) works, none did. Is there a way to input any more codes? Are there updated codes out there that may work? It's not a Funai or other off brand piece of equipment, it's a 2 year old Sony, it should work. What am I missing? Help!
Had/have the same problem with my 921 remote. No problem programming for TV, DVD & VCR but NOTHING worked for my Sony STR-DE885 receiver.:(
Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)