942 removed, 622 installed, now no OTA HD??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sicemdawgs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Suwanee, GA
I had a 942 and all my HD locals OTA were in the 90+ signal strength range (35-40 miles from Atlanta). I had ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC, TBS, WB and UPN.

My 622 was just installed, and it will only pick up 3 HD channels OTA and they are in the 50-60 strength range. Is this a problem with the 622's OTA card and should I request a receiver swap-out? I have tried rescanning and rebooting.

What kind of OTA antenna are you using? Did it get moved around during the install? Also, you might want to check your connections. Something may be lose as a result of the new install. I have actually heard that the OTA tuner in the 622 normally performs a bit better than the OTA tuner in the 942.

I figured it out shortly after the Dish installer left. :D

He plugged the UHF remote control antenna into the ATSC spot, and the ATSC antenna into the UHF remote spot. Did a scan and everything is ok (except the 622 is about 10 weaker on all the OTA channels versus the 942).

If I'm not mistaken, the 622 uses a different scale for signal strength, maybe 0-100 instead of 0-125.

Sicem -

Did you have to get your Dish antenna swapped out with the upgrade?

How do you like the 622 compared to the 924? I'm thinking about this upgrade myself, now that it's "free"...

I like the 622 so far, no major problems (knock on wood). It did reboot itself at one point.

I had a D500 (110/119) and a D500 (61.5). I now have a D1000 (110/119/129) and I kept my 61.5 for backup. However, I'm lucky because my 129 signal is usually betwee 75 and 90.

Sicemdawgs said:
I figured it out shortly after the Dish installer left. :D

He plugged the UHF remote control antenna into the ATSC spot, and the ATSC antenna into the UHF remote spot. Did a scan and everything is ok (except the 622 is about 10 weaker on all the OTA channels versus the 942).
I had the same problem. The installer hooked up the 622 yesterday. After he left, I did a scan for the OTA channels and got nothing. Turns out he hooked up the OTA antenna to the RF out. After I switched it, it worked fine. I did have a couple other problems during the day though with the screen going totally black and having to force a reboot. This occurred a few times. I hope this receiver does not continue to have problems. My 942 was very stable.

Count me as another who has this problem with the installer too. Also, when he was hooking up the TV 2 he said that it doesn't have a coaxil out. I asked what that one port was for and he said that was for the UHF remote antenna, I then asked what about the port the UHF remote antenna was already in. He looked at it and laughed and said he was blue/green color blind. He swapped this out, but put the UHF antenna on the OTA Antenna spot. Oh well, I got it fixed after he left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts