942 to 622 Have to go Metal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hakus

Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
I purchased a 622, to replace a 942. I have the HD package (not zoom), so when I activate my 622, what HD channels will I get? Do I have to upgrade to a "Metal" package to get zoom's?

Hak

to get voom and the new channels yes, you'll have to upgrade.

if you don't upgrade you'll keep getting the same HD channels you were and you'll also be charged a $6 HD enabling fee for not having one of the new HD packages...

You don't have to upgrade to metal to get the voom channels. Just make sure you voom *before* you switch to the 622. Once you do that, then upgrade to the 622 and tell them you don't want to change your programming. Once you have the 622, you can still upgrade to the new HD Pack at twice the cost, but you will not be able to go back to the old HD Pack + Voom.

I have a 622, and I only subscribe to the old HD Pack + Voom + local channels, no SD programming.

jsanders said:
You don't have to upgrade to metal to get the voom channels. Just make sure you voom *before* you switch to the 622. Once you do that, then upgrade to the 622 and tell them you don't want to change your programming. Once you have the 622, you can still upgrade to the new HD Pack at twice the cost, but you will not be able to go back to the old HD Pack + Voom.

I have a 622, and I only subscribe to the old HD Pack + Voom + local channels, no SD programming.

So you get the old HD Pack, Voom and your local HD channels, at the old price? Are you charged the $6 a month "HD Enabling" fee?

I'm VERY happy with my 942 and my $5 HD Pack ($5 discount each month). I really only watch Discovery HD and ESPN HD. I get my OTA just fine, but every now and then a conflict occurs and I would like to have HD over the satellite.

cclement said:
So you get the old HD Pack, Voom and your local HD channels, at the old price? Are you charged the $6 a month "HD Enabling" fee?

You got it. I pay $15/mo for the old HD Pack + Voom. I am charged the $6/mo "HD Extortion Fee". There are others that have the old HD Pack and don't pay that $6 though, however, they subscribe to some SD programming, like AT60 or something. Not worth it to me.

jsanders, the $5 voom pack is not available to be added anymore, so what you're saying does not work.

BFG said:
jsanders, the $5 voom pack is not available to be added anymore, so what you're saying does not work.

Could you clarify what you mean by that BFG?

We know that you can't order Voom separately if you own a 622, you have to at least order the "Stand Alone HD Pack".

We also know that if you buy a 921/942 and you don't already have HD activated, you can't subscribe to Voom, or the HD Pack for that matter.

However, Hakus is in a different situation. He already has a 942 with the Old HD Pack. His 942 is already activated for HD. Under that circumstance, it seems that he should be able to add the voom channels if he wants to. After he does that, he should be able to keep his programming when he switches to the 622. That is basically what i did.

same thing I said before which is no, if you didn't have the $5 voom pack before february 1st, then you're out of luck because it can no longer be added to accounts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)