942 to TV2

dallasiahawk

Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I have a question regarding my signal to TV2.

Let me first describe my setup.

I currently have VOOM, and an OTA wing clip antenna. I am going to replace the VOOM dish with the 500 from Dish, and keep everything else in place.

I have two coax lines running to each of my two rooms from the attic.

Saturday, my installation for Dish Network includes the everything pack with locals (Dallas, TX).

Is it possible for me to run all of my satellite connections, and combine my OTA signal into a single coax line (diplexer and combiner)? This would enable me to run the output for TV2 back up to the attic on the second coax, and then send it back down to the other room.

Is it better (or required) to use RCA plugs to get to my second TV? I thought I saw that the output for TV2 via coax only outputs certain channels. If I need to get the RCA plugs out, I would have to go through a wall to the other room (not my favorite option).

My other question is about my antenna. I don't know if my basic VOOM clip antenna is powered. I heard that if it is, it is probably powered via the VOOM stb. If this is the case, will the 942 power this antenna in the same way, or do I need to plug it in, and buy the adapter?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)