942 upgrade to 722 question

cebps1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Sothern New Jersey
:confused:Just scheduled to have the upgrade for tomorrow. Got the upgrade for $100 net after rebate / credit and 18 month commitment. Question: How can I transfer over all my 942 recordings to the new 722. Can it be done and how.

:confused:Just scheduled to have the upgrade for tomorrow. Got the upgrade for $100 net after rebate / credit and 18 month commitment. Question: How can I transfer over all my 942 recordings to the new 722. Can it be done and how.
No, can't be done. No EHD support for the 942, nor can they be dumped to a PC, as they are encrypted files. Only option would be a DVD recorder if you really want to keep them.

I just read Dish put a freeze on pricing for its most popular programming packages, including the DishDVR Advantage. In addition, new and current DISH Network customers can take advantage of several new promotions and save even more on their monthly bills.

Question, I am scheduled for the 942 /722 upgrade tomorrow with $20/month HD charge (1st 6 months free) and $100 net cost for the 722 after the 100 rebate / credit. Should I hold off and reschedule next month? Any advantage in doing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)