942 vs 921..What's the diff

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Besides the NBR..What is the benefit?

If I don't need the second output is it just the NBR?

Thanks

The 942 WORKS !! The NBR is just a plus feature that makes this receiver as good as a Tivo to me. I have had both and perfer Dish's. The 921 is nothing more than a digital vcr in comparison. Having 3 tuners( 1ota /2sat tuners) to record from is great! It is well worth the money to get one. Traded my old 921 in on my 942 at www.dishdepot.com and he gave me 250.00 for it. I sold my 2 jold 721s on E-bay and got 450.00 for them. This was like an even trade for my new 942. THere are very few if any bugs with this receiver. It is light years past anything Dish has made up to this point. I operate mine in single mode and it has pip features that work with hd too. I highly recommend this receiver. :D

I have a question as well. Am I correct that the 942 can record 3 channels at one time ( 2 sat and 1 OTA digital) and still play pre-recorded events or live SAT on both TV1 and TV2 at the same time? In other words handle 4 or 5 events at once?

gutter said:
I have a question as well. Am I correct that the 942 can record 3 channels at one time ( 2 sat and 1 OTA digital) and still play pre-recorded events or live SAT on both TV1 and TV2 at the same time? In other words handle 4 or 5 events at once?

Yes You can handle 4 events at once. Record 3 programs and watch a prereorded one. Check out Mark Lamutt's 942 review at dbs talk. I am saying goodbye to my slow as heck HD Tivo.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. Can I record on both SAT tuners and OTA at the same time while watching 2 other live SAT channels on the main and remote TV? total of 5 events. I did see Mark's review and thought I saw that it would handle 5 events as I said in dual tuner mode. Just wanted that confirmed.

No No No If both sat tuners and the ota tuner are recording you dont have any available tuners so how in the heck are you going to be able to watch 2 other live shows? If the 942 had 4 sat stuners then yes you could do it. Buit it only has 2.

Capiche?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)