942 with one sat feed

drjdan said:
Can 942 be used with only one sat feed. I realize I would only have one turner available, but that is ok.

I can not tell you about the 942 but my 622 works fine with only one feed. :)

Running a dual-tuner DVR with only one feed is just asking for trouble.

Get it done right - and having the second tuner is worth it anyway. Remember, you can use it regardless of how many TVs you have. ;)

drjdan, I ran with one feed on my 942 for a few months before I could get the second line run. Like SimpleSimon says, run the 2nd line and save yourself lots of grief.

Having said that, the tips for running a single-line 942 are available via search. I can't remember everything I did to get it to work on mine. Dual-TV mode, for one, and setting the prefered timer to the Sat1 instead of Sat2. Also, disable the nightly reboot. You'll still need to be prepared to sit through the switch set-up screen many times, and you'll need to manually download the EPG.

When I do the upgrade to the 622, will the installation cover changing my DP34 to the DP44Pro and provide a spliter for the 622? Since I currently have a 942, 501 and 301, I am using 4 sat feed now. I will be replacing the 301 with the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)