95W International HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccirish

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Costa Rica
I have a couple receivers on the 95w international bird. I noticed on lyngsat multiple HDTV signals are listed. I added a HD receiver and had it added to my account, however it does not receive any HD channels.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

:welcome to Satelliteguys ccirish!

Which hd channels are you looking for?

Are you talking English hd channels? Those are on 99 and 103.

For HD and international channels, you'd need a slimline dish AND the 95 dish. Did DirecTV install the HD receiver, or did they send it to you.. or, did you buy it yourself?
Reason I ask, is if it was sent to you, there's a good chance you've got the wrong dish type.. if it was installed, then it could be as simple as changing a setting or 2 on the receiver.

There are no DirecTV USA HD channels on 95 and there never have been. There might be HD feeds for DirecTV Latin America, not sure....

I couldn't tell by your first post. Are you subscribed to those hd channels? If so, you can go online at the Directv site and reauthorize your receiver/dvr.

They are channels delivered by DirecTV Latin America which is a separate service. Your U.S. receiver will not be able to receive them.

Yes I am subscribed to them, and I don't have a USA receiver. I do receive the SD channels, it just cuts off before the 1000s range where you find the HD ones.

You are in Costa rica? And do you have an HD subscription?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)