96 Hopper Timer Limit Removed

PirateTodd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Ohio
I noticed tonight when setting timers, that the 96 max timer limit appears to be gone. I now have 99 timers and counting on my Hopper. Was this feature just recently added? I am very happy if Dish has decided to eliminate the max amount of timers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I wonder if my ota recordings all being fracked with pixelation and audio hickups, was the price I had to pay to have the new 200 timer limit with this new software?

Why would they have ever imposed such a miniscule limit on timers or events?
Just pick a number that no one would ever exceed and triple it.

i suppose maybe back in the 522 days there was a hardware reason to put this sort of limit in place.

Oh, oh, that must be how they originally came up with 96.

i remember a famous quote from a guy named Bill " no one will ever need more than 640 KB of RAM".

Why would they have ever imposed such a miniscule limit on timers or events? Just pick a number that no one would ever exceed and triple it. i suppose maybe back in the 522 days there was a hardware reason to put this sort of limit in place. Oh, oh, that must be how they originally came up with 96. i remember a famous quote from a guy named Bill " no one will ever need more than 640 KB of RAM".

Your first sentence had me want to make a certain post - which turned out to be your LAST sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You can now have a maximum of 200 before you hit limits. I discovered this after the S338 update and I've been keeping around 200 timers ever since. It has also been discussed here: Hopper With Sling Software Version S338. What is ironic and not very hopeful is if you ask anyone at Dish how many timers you can have they will still answer 96. It would be nice if everyone would get on the same page over there. After giving this to us now it would be cruel to take it away later.

Last edited:
I wonder if my ota recordings all being fracked with pixelation and audio hickups, was the price I had to pay to have the new 200 timer limit with this new software?
Yeah, they needed all those pixels to make room for the extra timers. :D

I noticed tonight when setting timers, that the 96 max timer limit appears to be gone. I now have 99 timers and counting on my Hopper. Was this feature just recently added? I am very happy if Dish has decided to eliminate the max amount of timers.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Also the 576 events limit was increased too. No telling what the new limit is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)