97.0 West Galaxy 19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DSSfix

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
I have a DreamBox 500-S and trying to get a channel list for 97W - but having no luck so far.

I'm using DreamBox Edit and have the 97W included in the satellites.xml file.

I went to Iceberg's FTA list and looked up one of the channels for 97W - so I chose
PAYAM E AFGHAN - it is 12122 Frequency - Horizontal - 3/4 - 20000 - 783 VPID and 784 APID.

If I chose one of the channels in my channel list and try to edit the transponder data for this channel to get the PAYAM E AFGHAN channel - I get an error message - "at end of table"?

Does anyone know where I can find a channel list for this bird - or info on how I can get it scanned in with my DM500S?

Thanks Ironside,
I did use that site to generate a new satellite.xml file and I copied it to my channel list.
The 97W is in the file.

My problem is I can't do a scan of 97W.
I think you need at least one 97W channel in your list and then upload that to your DreamBox before you can do a scan of 97W.

If I try to edit say a 119W channel and just change the transponder data (frequency, Polarity, Symbol rate, FEC, VideoPID and AudioPID so that it matches one of the channels for 97W I get an error message in DreamBox Edit.
Maybe I should be using a different editor?

I thought there would be a lot of people using DreamBoxes for 97W that would already have a channel list for it - but I haven't been able to find one yet.

Doesn't the Dreambox have a blind scan? (If it doesn't, that might explain why nobody here is using it...)

Doesn't the Dreambox have a blind scan? (If it doesn't, that might explain why nobody here is using it...)

The blindscan I can live without - it has some other features such as ethernet connection that make it a very popular box :D

I'm sure someone is already using it for 97W - I think all I need is one channel then I can do a manual scan for each of the transponders.

97's NIT should be in good working order, therfore network scan should work, as stated as long as one TP works in the xml, it should find the rest.

dreambox's may not have blindscan, but they are amazing units with a full webif that you can control the entire box from your web browser anywhere in the world. telnet access, and ftp. and the super feature ? open source ! if I find a bug, I just edit the src, recompile and im done, no more bug.

97's NIT should be in good working order, therfore network scan should work, as stated as long as one TP works in the xml, it should find the rest.

dreambox's may not have blindscan, but they are amazing units with a full webif that you can control the entire box from your web browser anywhere in the world. telnet access, and ftp. and the super feature ? open source ! if I find a bug, I just edit the src, recompile and im done, no more bug.

Thanks updateless,
Yes I'm sure it will work if I can get just one channel in the list - but I'm having a problem creating that one channel.
If I use a 119W channel and then try to edit that channel to change the transponder data to match a channel from 97W - that's where I run into a problem.

ok

You should not have any problems scanning in 97 with your 500...

This is what I would do...l would start fresh with a new flash...
get rid of all the old stuff that way..

then reload your new satellite.xml file
after that then set up your lnb and make sure you are using the correct settings otherwise you will have issues..make sure you go through each page of the set up and and make sure to name 97 as Satellite 1 in your setup

By dumping your old flash it should clear out the old stuff and with a fresh start you shouldn't have any troubles..

Make sure you put the Satellite.XML file in the correct location otherwise it will do the exact same thing...it will be looking at the older version even with a re-flash.

DBedit should allow you to add or change settings on your transponders if your 500 is setup correctly...

As far as Blind Scan goes, I have never seen a need for that on a Dreambox as it scans in very well. Even if it misses a tp or channel I can always go into DBEdit and add the Channel..

You must use Channel Master along with DBEdit to make changes in your satellite.xml files..

You can't just do it with DBedit...alone..

Download your channel list from Dreambox and save it to a file..
Open it with DBedit and use the flag to keep all channels. Then save the file again and use Channel Master to import it and then ADD your channels. Save the channels using the Set Flag and then export it back.

Reload it using DBedit and you are good to go...Say for example you wanted to ADD the CW channels you would download the file to DBEdit and then save it to a file..Import it to Channel Master and then make your changes and add the CW Channels and information..pid and stuff..then export it in Dreambox format...then Go back to DBedit open the file and then send it back to Dreambox. You can use the reload command along with DCC and it should reload all your new channels. Drembox is not plug and play it will require some learning and trail and error...I find using the Reload Command Insures the new changes takes place..

Very simple once you get the hang of it....You can do all sorts of adds and changes with a Dreambox that you can not do with any other receiver...It might sound hard but really its very simple! :)
I might add I think Dreamboxes are by far the best FTA receiver on the market if they are setup correctly. They are still by far ahead of anything else out there. What they lack they make up for in other ways.
Simple...

Last edited:
I agree Ironsides,
I've had one for about 6 years and love it - it is the best box - bar none :)
It is amazing that most people in North America have never heard of this box. It looks intimidating - but actually is very easy to use and setup for most North American use.

I can scan, add, delete and edit SIDs without any problems in DBEdit - Iv'e been doing it for years - but this 97W has me stumped.

I've never had to use Channel Master before for my DreamBox - but may have to take another look and see if I need it for this.

I have attached my satellites.xml file that has the 97W satellite.

I thought this would be a snap - but so far it has me stumped.

Try using this attached satellites.xml file and then modify any channel to 97W?
You can use PAYAM E AFGHAN - it is 12122 Frequency - Horizontal - 3/4 - 20000 - 783 VPID and 784 APID.
If you right click on one of your channels and select "Edit Transponder Data" - what are you going to use for Transponder ID and Network ID?

Attachments

• satellites.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)