$98.87 HD DVD Players How Many Of You Took Advantage Of This Deal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How Many Of You Bought the $98.87 HD DVD Player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the component output on the hd-a2 only outputs to 480p. Only way to get hd out of the unit is hdmi. so if the hdmi ever goes bad you still have a good upconverting player.

the component output on the hd-a2 only outputs to 480p. Only way to get hd out of the unit is hdmi. so if the hdmi ever goes bad you still have a good upconverting player.

That's not quite true. The component will output 1080i if you are watching an HD DVD disc. No US discs to date have implemented the ICT flag. If you are upconverting an SDDVD disc, then you need the HDMI for 1080i upconversion.

S~

Yes, sorry, you are correct teachsac. I was misinformed from a friend and took it word of mouth without looking at the owners manual. It didnt make sense to me that they would include a component connection and it not be hd capable. Thank you for clearing it up and making me look in my owners manual.

Well, I think I'm gonna get a PS3 component cable and free up an HDMI input on my tv and use it for the Toshiba. Are there any negative consequences using component with PS3 instead of HDMI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)