99(B) Satellite in Dallas/Ft Worth

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdp1116

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
got setup with an upgrade to KaKu dish and hr20, when the installer was doing the initial setup on the hr20 he said "wow thats weird usually it shows 99(b) sat as failed but it didnt come up this time but it doesnt matter". After he left i went ahead and added the B Band upconverters and redid a sat setup, now its showing up but its showing as failed now. when i look at the signal strength im getting 43% on tuner 1 and 2 on transponder 3 only. Is this a problem i should be calling in about?

Are you getting all your subscribed channels? IF yes, then don't worry yourself over it. DFW HD LIL is on 103, nothing on 99 for DFW as of now.

yeah things are going ok, i know last night my fiance was watching extreme makeover on abc and it pixilated so bad i had to put it on SD abc for her. thats about the only problem i have had.

the screen would go straight blue, also did it once during the Bound for Glory PPV last night

you know what now that i look at it, i am not getting all my HD Locals. Im missing The CW, and Im not getting KXTA 21 either which is the Local HD NET Mavs Channel

well it should be all or none if your dish isn't seeing the 103 sat, unless the particular network affiliate is having issues and then that wouldn't be a hardware issue. but, with missing channels it can't hurt to call.

Last edited:
they were working with the HR10 with a OTA antenna, like for The CW in the guide it says A3 Dallas 33 KDAF (WB) 5am-5am when i go to that channel it just sits at searching for sat signal

According the tech i am on the phone with now said that DFW only gets 5 HD locals through the dish, and is saying we do not ship any HR20s with the OTA tuner disabled. LOL!!!!! According to the tech the software upgrade for the enable of the OTA tuner should be by the 1st of december

Last edited:
DFW only gets 5 HD (LIL) locals via the dish. It gets all of them in SD via the dish and SD/digital via a proper OTA setup. P.S. that A3 WB is an OTA sub channel, not sat delivered. You need to distinguish the OTA from the sat LIL before you call, I bet you are getting all the sat LIL.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)