99 CENT PPV COMING BACK July 1...

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I just scrolled threw the guide and found out that DISH NETWORK will be having 99cent PPV movies next weekend starting FRI.They start on ch 502 and are as follows, HALL PASS,TRUE GRIT,JUST GO WITH IT,SUCKER PUNCH and BATTLE LOS ANGELES.Thanks DISH for doing this again...:):):):):):):):)

I really wish they would do this all the time. I have to believe that total revenue would increase as a result. Why go down to redbox when you can get it straight on your TV for the same price with no need to return! C'mon Dish get with it!

I've got 4 Redbox kiosks within 5 minutes of my home. I got 3 of those movies, bluray at that, in the last week and 1/2 and it cost me a whopping $4.50. The sound alone on Battle: Los Angeles in DTS-HD is worth it alone. You ain't gonna get that with Dish....

I've got 4 Redbox kiosks within 5 minutes of my home. I got 3 of those movies, bluray at that, in the last week and 1/2 and it cost me a whopping $4.50. The sound alone on Battle: Los Angeles in DTS-HD is worth it alone. You ain't gonna get that with Dish....

But.... I do not have a Redbox close to my house or work, and when we get home from working and school, 99 cents for an HD movie is a very good deal for most.

This is a promotion Dish should make permanent, even if it's only on week ends. I feel as others here, Dish would end up not only making a lot of money, but from a PR standpoint, it would really put them ahead of the competition. Also there's a psychological thing at work here. Many of us refuse to use Dish PPV because we're against paying $6.95 and up for a single movie, but on a weekend, many would be tempted to order many more movies than just one when the cost is only 99 cents. Over the course of the weekend, we may end up ordering 3 to 6, or more movies because we're thinking, it's only a buck, what the heck. So now Dish has made at least some money from us who so defiantly refuse to pay the $6.95.

Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)