99W-103W on 6 footer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok folks I'm tired of fighting this lol....I've got the Fortec 6 foot dish and I get the stuff on 99w ok. I get GEB bleeding over which I think is on 101W. If I peak the dish for 101w, GEB has a very strong signal 60 plus....I've blind scanned and it finds nothing else on 101W.
I've tried several times moving the dish to get the ION stuff on 103W no luck at all. I've manually entered the info vpid etc...still no luck. I've got the skew sitting at about the 4 oclock position, that might be the issue on 103W Any ideas? ThankS Blind:)

103 recently has become a bugger for me too...I wonder if 105 next door is preventing it from working right?

Ok folks I'm tired of fighting this lol....I've got the Fortec 6 foot dish and I get the stuff on 99w ok. I get GEB bleeding over which I think is on 101W. If I peak the dish for 101w, GEB has a very strong signal 60 plus....I've blind scanned and it finds nothing else on 101W.
I've tried several times moving the dish to get the ION stuff on 103W no luck at all. I've manually entered the info vpid etc...still no luck. I've got the skew sitting at about the 4 oclock position, that might be the issue on 103W Any ideas? ThankS Blind:)

Try under illuminating the dish by sliding the feed in closer to the dish. This will help with sidelobes.

I got it yesterday. The TP info I had wasn't close enough for the receiver recognize it. I put the Ku Lnb on the 6 foot dish...lined it up with something I knew was a live channel on KU and then put the Cband lnb back on and did a blind scan. Different way to do it but it worked. Yeah some of the channels other than Ion stuff won't come in unless I bump the dish slightly. I've got the dish marked for 99W/101W and 103W....what else is worth aiming for on Cband? Is any of the sat mex stuff in english at all? I thought about 121w the sportsman channel...maybe 127W LCN? Thanks! Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)