A all-in-one remote

I have had the sst-659 for almost 4 months. It uses a set of batteries every month.
It is extremely nice, and customizable. Just don't like the battery issue.
Also, I have been on the phone with harmony every month for issues regarding the remote keys and not working properly.
Even they are stymied, so they are now thinking about sending me a new remote, as long as it's from an 'approved' vendor.
I faxed in my reciept, so I will find out soon if they are approved for warranty purposes.
Otherwise, I have a $150 paperweight.
Buyer Beware when buying the sst-659

I also have the 659 and the batteries last me 6-8 months. The backlight uses a lot of power so you can extend battery life by turning the backlight off, decreasing how long it stays on, or there's also an option to have it come on only for certain key presses.

If you are having other problems with it though, it may just be a defective unit. Harmony is usually pretty good about replacing them if there's a problem.

GatorNut said:
I use a Home Theater Master MX-700 and it is great. Go to the Home Theater Master website or remotecentral.com and download the tutorial and the MX Editor. I control my 811 with it as well as all other equipment and lights. There is nothing that I have that it can't control. Macros are simple to program. All programming is done through the PC. The IR emitters are strong and the battery life is good. I highly recommend it. Check ebay.

I third that. Just got one (MX700) off Ebay for 1/2 the "authorized retailer" price. The manuf. claims the warranty is good only from auth. ret., but at 1/2 the price, I can get another one if the first breaks.

I have a Pronto Neo that I hate that uses up batteries even when you don't use it! Frig that.

However, I gotta say, for ergonomics, I love the Dish remotes. It is just perfect in my hand and all the buttons are just where they ought to be. If they would make a learning version of theirs, that would control 10 or so devices, I'd pay $300 for it without flinching (much).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts