DP301 receiver and D* Phase III dish

mcsj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2004
If I only want my 301 receiver to get signal from the 119 satellite, can i plug it into a D* phase III dish? If so, how to set it up?

I tried plugging the cable directly to the D* phase III LNB but no luck.

Will not work. DTV PhaseIII dish has a built-in switch which is not compatible with Dishnetwork. Find a used dish 500.

maddawg, I already have a dishpro 500 dish, just that I don't want to install another dish on my roof...

So, (maybe I asked this question in a wrong forum). If I only care about D*'s 101 and E*'s 110, will the dishpro 500 works for both E* and D* receivers?

Sort of...

you would have to put a Dish network LNBF on the 110 side and a DirectTv LNBF on the 101 side. Then it would work :)

mcsj said:
maddawg, I already have a dishpro 500 dish, just that I don't want to install another dish on my roof...

So, (maybe I asked this question in a wrong forum). If I only care about D*'s 101 and E*'s 110, will the dishpro 500 works for both E* and D* receivers?

No, NO DP LNB's will work with D* at all.
Your ONLY option, would be to replace your Phase III dish with a Phase I dish, that has separate LNB's. Then, you COULD run the 101 LNB directly to your D* receiver & then run the 110 & 119 LNB's through a separate E* switch, then to the E* receiver & then you'd be all set. This is what I do at my place.
Unfortunately, Phase I dishes are kind of hard to find, but they ARE still made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)