A change in my account I did not make

Bob55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Ohio
I did not receive my Dish bill in the mail for July. I went to mydish.com and saw that paper billing had been turned off. The last time I was at mydish.com was back in February to switch to auto pay. My credit card has been automatically billed every month since March, and I had received my paper bills through June, so that shows I didn't make the change.

Have any mystery account changes happen to anyone else?

Hello Bob55~ When Auto Pay is added paperless billing is generally chosen with that. It may have just taken a coulpe billing cycles for that to go through. I can check your account if you would like. Please send us a private message with your account/phone number and 4 digit pin so we can get started! Thanks.

Fishy things have happened to my account too, mysterious boxing ppv charges "supposedly" ordered on the web. Has to contact Dish fraud department.
It appears as if our accounts are not secure-untrustworthy people are messing with my account, and if you search the history, it seems to be a common occurrence.

Would you give links where people are saying PPV was ordered online and say they did not do it? Thanks. Search found a very few that were ordered from the receiver.

From reading this ONE incident may not even be a mistake or that anything was changed.

Although it was confirmed my 5 boxes did not do the ordering, I advise all to block/change ppv/pin, change account pin, and online password each and every time you come in contact with a phone rep, a chat rep, any disp rep and Dirt rep (your personal info is chatted to the dirt rep here and on the Russian dbs site, so who knows who can get your credentials)

Don't trust anyone, its a dirty business.

Wow paranoid much? Think you are asking a little much there. I have been with dish for 16 years and have never had a problem with changes or orders that i did not make. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Tampa8 and KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts