A concern about Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, Scott is not a dictator. All of us who are staff gets say in what goes on around here.

Second, Hall you are one to talk. I think you have the record for the most times the report post button has been utilized....
Well I know the staff has say, what I was meaning was your freedom of speech US law isn't necessarily applicable here. Whatever Scott and the staff make official goes. I didn't mean he was an actual dictator, because he really isn't.

Every forum/website owner has the right do delete/ban whoever they want PERIOD. What matters is how often and for what reasons the owner takes those actions. Also keep in mind that some users have been banned for something said in a PM that nobody would ever even see in the forums. Also our forum software allows us staff to delete any message without any users but staff to see if anything was ever deleted.

We however don't use that specific feature and we allow our members to see if a post was deleted and we quite often provide the reason for all to read such as flaming or spamming as being the most common. In the past when things got out of hand we gave many warnings to cool down before we took action and even when we took action we mostly only give a ban ranging from a few hours to say a 24 hour period. This forces the user to take a cooling off period and "if" that user gets upset and starts creating more usernames just to get back at the staff we will ban the IP.

Also just so you know I had one user who went way too far with me via forum posts and PMs and I along with many staff members always consult each other on a ban. We all decided this user would be banned and so it was done. This user in question created tons of new usernames such as longhornxpblows etc which resulted in Scott needing to do an IP Ban. The funny thing about everything above is that this specific user in question has his original username unbanned and he is out and about being a good SatGuy after a very bad day.

I think this alone shows the type of Staff we are here in that in some cases a user who hasn't had many problems who has a horridly bad day can still be given a second chance. We don't let "one" bad day discount all the good things before about each user.

Second, Hall you are one to talk. I think you have the record for the most times the report post button has been utilized....
Please explain how that comment is at all relevant to this topic or is it just the best you can come up with ?

Please explain how that comment is at all relevant to this topic or is it just the best you can come up with ?

I am trying to figure that one out myself. :)

Anyways the OP's question was answered to hs satisfaction. Thanks fo rbeing SatelliteGuys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)