A Couple of New DVR Photo's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
nice. They talk about the 2 network ports. I have a feeling that is for the HMC support, streaming shows over ethernet.

Q2 2006 release with a $99 cost to current customers. I can't wait. I didn't get into HD before they turned Dallas on with MPEG4 so I won't get the free deal.

will this unit work with satellite IE dtv or dishnet

I hope so

cause tivo gets a bad rap

the dish software people are abominable
dtv's software crew is better, but how much
haven't seen to many people that love their r15
time will tell
tivo series 3 please work with satellite as well as cable

stone phillips420 said:
will this unit work with satellite IE dtv or dishnet
I hope so
cause tivo gets a bad rap
the dish software people are abominable
dtv's software crew is better, but how much
haven't seen to many people that love their r15
time will tell
tivo series 3 please work with satellite as well as cable

I don't see how for the TIVO unit- D* would have to be involved in the design and approve its use and we've seen no indication of that. I think its cable card only.

Plywodstatebum said:
This is the new TIVO Series III HD Dual Tuner will playback MPG2 & 4
http://www.something-fishy.com/photography/TiVoS3
The new HR20 D* box
http://gear.ign.com/articles/679/679224p1.html

Quoted from the article
"By select, the company means owners who live in the PST or MT areas of the United States, as these regions will be the first to make the switch to MPEG-4 broadcasts."

This statement was a little confusing. Makes it sound like they are converting to MPG4 from west to east, when they are actually doing it by DMA market size. Don't understand the west to east thing.

Last edited:
Fgsilva said:
awwww, puuurty! Shiny! :hungry: gimme one now!!
But, I thought direct was not gonna be doing tivo anymore???
Fgsilva, you've OD'd again!! One link is for the new SeriesIII Tivo and the other is for the new D* Mpeg 4 HR20 HD-DVR without Tivo. Cool huh?--Ray

I'll still wait to get an hdtv before I get the hd dvr. I just went through hell selling my hd tivo on ebay for $400 after paying directv $700 for it. How can directv charge $700 for the directivo and $200 with a $100 or $150 mail in rebate for the directv hddvr?

:eek: ??? blue pills before red pills! darn it, got stop mixing my meds!!!:D I went and check the HR20. Also nice and purty and I want that one too!!!! :D

raymo721 said:
Fgsilva, you've OD'd again!! One link is for the new SeriesIII Tivo and the other is for the new D* Mpeg 4 HR20 HD-DVR without Tivo. Cool huh?--Ray

Hmmmm, I 'll believe it when I see it. In regards to the DirecTV DVR the article is clearly wrong about the switch to MPEG4 (i.e the PST & MST), & onloy 100 bucks for existing subs & 200 for new. That just seems too good to be true.

I didnt read this or maybe I missed it. Will this unit output Full Rez 720P & 1080I through Component or only hdmi? The way the new HD DVD players are headed, If so I will be staying where I am.
Thanks!

DirecTV's DVR, called the HR20 (or "DirecTV Plus HD DVR"), basically uses the original TiVo unit as a base and adds a couple of impressive new features

Sounds great - just like the Tivo, but better. :rolleyes:

lou_do said:
This statement was a little confusing. Makes it sound like they are converting to MPG4 from west to east, when they are actually doing it by DMA market size. Don't understand the west to east thing.

Think of it as two separate upgrade plans. DMA by DMA as they roll them out - and the conversion of all existing customers.

Apparently they are aiming to free up the MPEG2 space used up by the LA HD LILs first. So western US customers will get the first wave of MPEG4 free upgrades.

Hmm, cooling grills and vents all over this sucker, and no sign of a cooling fan duct. Don't know if thats a good thing unless the fan vents thru the bottom? Hope they let Weakness upgrade to a larger hard drive cause I'd give my free one to the wife for her to use in the den and buy the upgraded one for me in the livingroom!! Scott, where will you be posting your info?--Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)