A.D.: The Bible Continues

James finding Jesus in the temple seems to go away from what is in the Bible. Paul exodus from Jerusalem seems like a very good way to lead him to the gentiles. Very solid episode and enjoyable.

Reactions: DJdish
Agreed.

I understand Roma Downey and the rest of the producers and writers have allowed some room for things not found in the Bible and other ancient texts, but anyhow I think this series is good.

I can imagine that the tension between Pilate and Herod (and wives) was something like it has been shown in these episodes.

I understand there are only 2 episodes left in the series :( but I could certainly enjoy more than that.:wink

I´ve also enjoyed watching Paul (formerly knows as Saul) get together with Peter, John and the rest, it gives me an idea what it must have been like, I mean watching them.

We are currently studying the book of Acts in Sunday school, but a little visual aid (like this one) is helpful and makes my study more interesting. :wink

I understand there are only 2 episodes left in the series :( but I could certainly enjoy more than that.:wink

The NBC announcer mentioned at the end of tonight's episode that next week is the "SEASON" (instead of "SERIES") finale of A.D. The Bible Continues.

I believe that leaves some room open for a possible continuance of the series. At what point, who knows. This could be good news for those of us who enjoyed it. :)

Yes, I heard of the dismal ratings. It is a shame. The timing of the series ending going well into June does not help it. All series have ended their season run since the beginning or middle of May.

Since I am a catholic I do believe that the general public's perception of Easter being only one day (Easter Sunday) instead of 8 weeks helped its slow decline. Also, looking at past movies and series, it is clear that the public is more interested in the times of Jesus, than the times after he had left the apostles and they started the Church.

Anyway, I am generally disappointed with what shows are on the major network these days. I find there is a lack of real quality compared to when I was a kid. I guess that's why you see so many retro channels popping up for those that prefer to watch the old classics.

Another good episode, and next the finale.

I agree it would be nice to see Downey and team come up with something else after this.

Anyway, I am generally disappointed with what shows are on the major network these days. I find there is a lack of real quality compared to when I was a kid. I guess that's why you see so many retro channels popping up for those that prefer to watch the old classics.

I fully agree with your perception.

I still love to watch the old shows from back in the day, color and Black & White, shows that had 50 minute content for 1 hour time slot (as opposed to today´s 42-43 minutes) or 25 minute content for the 30 minute time slot.

I love the old shows :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)