A Dish oversight, intended confusion or deception - you decide.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
:D I'd be happy to donate MY Fox News HD to somebody who actually wants to see it.

This thread started out as a common attack thread on Dish. The tactics used were those most commonly used to attempt to conceal the attack thread character: it appears to me...is this deception or lying...maybe there is blatant lying, if so I'm gone...and on and on. The actual issue of Fox HD in Turbo has been discussed at great (almost infinite) length in other threads, but that is not what this thread is all about.

The previous comment by MSparks, who is a very helpful person to those with technical issues and much appreciated, points out that this thread which started out as a common attack thread is now in danger of devolving into an attack/political thread, which was very common in the "Pit." MSparks' offer to donate Fox News HD means, simply, I don't agree with the political views of Fox News. Once someone responds, as they might, "I'd like to have it," the sides are identified and the battle can continue.

Rather than having that battle, or this thread, continue in this sub-forum, I would prefer to see this thread closed or moved to the Dish vs. DirecTv War subforum.

Thanks for reading this post. If you didn't read it, you may disregard it.:)

Fitzie

It could quite possibly be that Fox News HD and FBC HD were turned on early by mistake. It is strange that Dish has 20-30 HD channels uplinked for months and just 2 turn on, but only for some subs.

Perhaps Dish was planning a big programming splash and signup promotion to snap out of the subscriber loss. It would make some sense to wait until March/April timeframe to help with winter install woes.

They could have something with a 922, 30 new HD channels and a great discount for new subs (perhaps gold for the price of bronze for a year) promotion starting April 1 (the rumored launch date of the 922).

I have the top 100 "plus" package, the cheapest one that before did NOT include MSNBC or FXNWS... but it did include HDMV, HDNet ect

i don't think we could ever see FXNWS but since FXNWS-HD was added we now get both FXNWS and the HD version on 205; still no FOXB 206 or MSNBC 209

It didn't go unnoticed around here. There was plenty of bitching about it for good reason.
I know, and that's why it's so insulting.

Laddyboy said:
Scott has had Exec Office staff tell him that the channels are supposed to be available to the Turbo subs as well, but I think only one guy who switched from Classic Silver to Turbo Silver reported having it.
If that was true, Dish could clear it up in minutes with a simple statement couldn't they? That's one of my frustrations with them, they'll "imply" something (often through Scott) that they know is misleading just to create false hopes.

Laddyboy said:
There has been speculaion that the channels got turned on early by mistake.
Again, something Dish could clear up in minutes if they wanted to.

Laddyboy said:
We'll know shortly whether that's true or not.
Ah but in the meantime.........

Laddyboy said:
If it turns out E* isn't going to add new HD to the Turbo packs, it makes little sense to sign up for them and D* becomes a more attractive option if you have to have DBS.
Well, how 'bout that? So how many subs hang on waiting and for how long? That my friend is my point.

Honestly, you are all better off without it.
and then there's always that voice of intelligent reason shining through the fog, without which we'd have no idea what was good for us. Thank you oh wise and unselfish sage.:eek:

Hold on? So you are saying FoxnewsHD IS on Dish currently, and as a Turbo sub I won't get it?

Is this temporary or what? If not, I am as good as gone. BLANTANTLY lied to by CSR reps when I signed up.
There must be some mistake.

This thread started out as a common attack thread on Dish. The tactics used were those most commonly used to attempt to conceal the attack thread character.....
I'm sorry, I thought I was being pretty clear it was an attack on Dish. I wasn't intending to conceal that point at all.

Fritzie said:
..... it appears to me...is this deception or lying...maybe there is blatant lying, if so I'm gone...and on and on. The actual issue of Fox HD in Turbo has been discussed at great (almost infinite) length in other threads, but that is not what this thread is all about.
Again, I apologize if I wasn't clear. I started this thread because I don't like the way Dish has handled their restrictions of the Fox News HD feed to some customers. Is that friggen clear enough for ya?:)

Fitzie said:
Thanks for reading this post.
You're welcome and thanks for responding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)