Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got this in my inbox...

Effective January 31, 2007 by 5pm ET, DISH Network will launch A&E HD into America’s Top 100+HD & higher (formerly DISH HD Bronze) on channel 9419.

My question is are they using the new MPEG4 technology we have seen over the past week for this channel?

That is 100% incorrect.

They are doing a tiered system for HD channels.

The only way people will see National Geographic HD is if they also receive the SD version of the National Geographic Channel in their programming package.

From now on all channels added will be done on a teir basis, so if you get the SD version in your package you will also get the HD version.

I understand that in the future Dish may rename the HD Package and call it a "HD Technology Fee".

Well better than nothing and it will be interesting now to see if anything show up in the next uplink report.

"I understand that in the future Dish may rename the HD Package and call it a "HD Technology Fee"."

Just like Directv did also with their new package structure.

This is a move being done by all the multichannel providers.

So instead of paying for a HD Package, you are now paying for a HD Enabling Fee.

My AT&T U-Verse is doing this as well, theirs is half the price of Dish Networks at $10 a month.

Yeah well they can move it things over to MPEG4 whenever.But until more folks get on MPEG4 box they half to support MPEG2 box's. Sooner folks get on MPEG4 box's the better.

I've had A&E HD Stretch-o-vision since August on my local cable system. Not a whole lot of quality HD on that channel IMHO, except perhaps the PG version of the Sopranos they just started airing.

Yeah I think MTVHD is around and I think I have seen folks talk about a Outdoor Channel in HD.

I've had A&E HD Stretch-o-vision since August on my local cable system. Not a whole lot of quality HD on that channel IMHO, except perhaps the PG version of the Sopranos they just started airing.
That's been the general consensus about A&E HD.... Nothing to get excited about it seems.

Missing is (what I can think of) Wealth HD, Outdoor Channel HD, Versus HD, The Movie Channel HD, Cinemax HD, MTV HD, and INHD.

But until more folks get on MPEG4 box they half to support MPEG2 box's. Sooner folks get on MPEG4 box's the better.

That doesn't matter here because they are putting the "for ViP only" flag on it. So only the ViP (MPEG4) receivers will be able to see it. I just hope that can get everything with these flags moved over to true MPEG4 so they will reduce the space being used by current channels (thus allowing for space for new channels). :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts