A&e Hd

Endorphin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
Wow, I guess I had my head up my arse. I had no clue A&E HD was available on channel 9419 until I just thumbed through my guide.

When did I miss this nugget?

The only thing I have watched on there is CSI:Miami and it looks good. I never watched A&E before it was HD so I guess I'm seeing some programming I never would have before. I just have a hard time watching stuff in SD that I know was recorded in HD.

I've seen the following in HD on A&EHD:

CSI:Miami (like everyone has)
Driving Force
King of Cars
Cold Case Files (not all are in HD)

They're coming along slowly.. give it time.

I heard the two guys during the tech chat talking about this channel was still relatively new to the market and that by April the hd would increase on it. So I am hoping this will happen. But that being said I really never watched A & E in sd much and I practiclly never watch the hd one either. I have already seen all the CSI and Cold case shows and I don't care about cars .

Look at the Food network, HD but personally I have only watched a couple of programs so to each his own... give em time....

The great thing with Food HD and HGTV HD, however, is that they show all HD, all the time. If a program is on there (except maybe some informercials late at night), it's in HD. If A&E were that way, I might watch more programming on it.

The great thing with Food HD and HGTV HD, however, is that they show all HD, all the time. If a program is on there (except maybe some informercials late at night), it's in HD. If A&E were that way, I might watch more programming on it.

Thats what I hate about those channels. They show the same show 15 times a day.

I wish it were a simulcast of FoodTV. That way, if the show is in HD, great, show it in HD, if now, its just a good quality version of the regular show. They never show ANY "first run" shows on those channels, so by the time they get there, I have already seen them.

i will give you that, StevenD, they do show the same stuff over and over on HGTV HD and FOOD HD. but i would have to agree with Jeff_R that its better that they show ONLY HD content. i think that will push them more to start develpoing more original HD content to air on these channels.

I like the fact that whenever i tune in, its all HD, all the time.

why waist my time with an HD channel that shows "some" HD. OK, OK i know ESPN HD is a simulcast of regular ESPN an i watch that constantly, but they are gettign much better at showing more and more HD content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)