a few beginner questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
D

DadGuy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 18, 2006
Greetings all...

I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to on Directv's site. Any help appreciated... I recently purchased a pioneer 43" plasma tv and have been a regular directv subscriber for about 12 years. I plan on ordering an hd receiver and dish but I had a few questions:

1. If I order the hd receiver and dish with installation, can I also order a separate dvr receiver for a second room and take advantage of both rebates? That seems alot less expensive than buying the hd/dvr combo

2. Are the local channels available in HD through directv in the seattle market yet? If not is it a good deal to pay the 49 bucks for the on air antenna or is it so imminent that it will be available that I should just be patient and save the money?

3. If I put a dvr/receiver in a second room, is the recorded content of that dvr available to the other system in the main room of the house?

4. If I move my standard dish I own now, to a vacation house, can I take a receiver from my house with me and access programming there without additional cost?

I appreciate any responses at all, and since this is my first post if I've done this poorly flames will guide me...

Thanks

Dadguy

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
First: Welcome!

1. That is a question best for DirecTV or our board sponsor Robert @ ValueElectronics.com (You get a discount for mentioning you're a member here)

2. No, but coming soon. You are DMA #13.

2b. No, buy you own antenna based on you proximity and distance to the towers. You can get better antennas for the money$. Check www.antennaweb.org

3. Yes, if you use a stand-alone DVR that works with DBS and does ethernet sharing. I do not think the built-in DBS/DVRs do sharing, but I can be corrected.

4. Yes, BUT depending on the distance and the DMA of that vacation home, you might lose your locals access due to spot beaming.

Digital Dude

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
1- I don't know.

2- If you can get them OTA why pay extra for a compressed signal?

3- Only if you run a cable to the other TV or buy a wireless video sender. The HD boxes aren't networkable yet.

4- Yes the SD progrmming.

Welcome to Satguys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.