Switching from SAT to Stream Questions

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
I currently have Directv SAT , if I sign up for directv streaming using a DIF email address will Directs system consider me a NEW customer.
So I would be able to get their current gift card deals?

Also if i order on line new streaming service with a couple gemini devices
will I have to wait to get them before my account is active? Like to watch via app while waiting devices to arrive.
Last wonder if ATT retail stores stock new gemini?

I currently have Directv SAT , if I sign up for directv streaming using a DIF email address will Directs system consider me a NEW customer.
So I would be able to get their current gift card deals?
Yes
Also if i order on line new streaming service with a couple gemini devices
will I have to wait to get them before my account is active? Like to watch via app while waiting devices to arrive.
I believe your account goes active (so you can watch on web & app) and then you get the Gemini devices a couple business days after that happens. I know satellite is like that.
Last wonder if ATT retail stores stock new gemini?
Don't think so. I've seen them have the Osprey box on display for visitors to try out, but not the Gemini.

Reactions: trido
Yes

I believe your account goes active (so you can watch on web & app) and then you get the Gemini devices a couple business days after that happens. I know satellite is like that.

Don't think so. I've seen them have the Osprey box on display for visitors to try out, but not the Gemini.
The Gemini and Osprey box are the same box. They just changed the name. The only device that is actually different is the Gemini Air Dongle

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
Help, I got and I am charged the 15 advanced rec fee. I received 3 gemini air today.

Here is issue and I sure hope I am doing something wrong.
Fav list seems all three gemini airs SHARE same FAV list?

Not like SAT having multi clients that can setup sep fav list.

Well Stupid me for not asking before buying,
Per call to Directv there is ONLY one fav list it is same on all gemini.
I have had service 24 hours NO cancel if i do 400 plus dollars ETF.
WOW stupid doing a 24 month deal to get that 300 visa card.

Jeff

Last edited:
I think you have 14 days to cancel without the ETF if you return the equipment. If the favorite list is a deal breaker you should review the terms and call back and talk to cancellations. If they quoted you a $400 ETF and you are in the first few days they did not acknowledge that you have an intro cancellation period without ETF.

when we renewed our sat service for lower rates they gave us the rewards card. and we were asked if we still had the old boxes i said yep they said there was no contract when i demanded the 2 year pricing. they only time we would have been in a contract is if they had to bring out new boxes i'm not about to go back to an hr-54 wich is a downgrade from the hs-17 and be stuck in a two year

• Wow
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I guess what i need and maybe others is
Directv
have of course sat service
streaming service
and what i guess maybe i ordered wrong
streaming via internet?

dont think i asked a friend has streaming
i have internet streaming
i pay rsn fees
he says he doesnt?

oh on the plus side this new air dongle is great fast.

i pay rsn fees
he says he doesnt?
WIth Entertainment package, you do not pay RSN fee. With all other packages, unless you live in the PA portion of the Philly DMA, you pay RSN fee.
Assuming "Southern Indiana" is Evansville, the RSNs in your area would be Bally Ohio (Reds) and Bally Midwest (Cardinals, Pacers, Blues), and the fee would be $13.99/mo

I think you have 14 days to cancel without the ETF if you return the equipment. If the favorite list is a deal breaker you should review the terms and call back and talk to cancellations. If they quoted you a $400 ETF and you are in the first few days they did not acknowledge that you have an intro cancellation period without ETF.

Thanks I see that 14 days, well thought we be moving and I would leave SAT service at new place and go stream.I jumped the GUN and not moving now, however I like the streaming with AIR much better.
And at about same price think I stay streaming.
Thanks again on info.