A few HD questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all...new to the HD game...so i have a few questions...

1. I live in the Philly DMA and I can get the new mpeg 4 HD system, anyone that has it, is it worth it?

2. Since the locals are in HD and i get SD locals in my package, do i have to subscribe to the HD package just to get the HD locals??

3. Direct was offering me the box for free (with rebate), free install and free new 5 lnb dish. since i have a tivo, i didnt want to lose that but i didnt want to pay 399 (with rebate) for old hi def tivo, there were going to credit me 5 bucks a month for a year to put the new HD receiver, side by side my tivo, so i would have to change back and forth. good deal???

Im more worried about the quality of the locals and the new box, im happy with set up now, but had high def tv for the last 3 years and never used the hi def (cable co was a rip off for high def)...

Help guys!!!!

RB

so for answer number 2..i have to subscribe to the HD package to get the HD locals if thats all i want?

theslag said:
so for answer number 2..i have to subscribe to the HD package to get the HD locals if thats all i want?

Can you get them with an OTA antenna ?

If so, you can run your antenna thru your D* receiver and the tuner will put them on the TV in HD, and the receivers guide will also have your locals in it.

And you will not have to pay D* addl. money to see something that is FREE.

Jimbo

good question if i can get them OTA....i dont think so since i cant them them SD OTA...i dont think there is enuff HD programing for the 11 bucks a month charge.

this is what i was thinking as well..but this is not what direct tv was telling me...they said i need to get the package...ill call them again...do they have a call center in india?? cause this person for my other questions had no clue!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)