A few Hopper Questions

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
I had a few Hopper questions about a couple of things I am not really clear on...

1) I have EA...are the cables suffice for the Hopper's specs? I believe they are RG6 but I do not see any Indication of 3GHZ...it was installed early last year...I thought I read something about 3GHZ need to go to the Hopper...

2) I guess that rolls into my next question of the cables from the Dish are good then it is just the Cable fromt the single node to the Hopper that has to be 3GHZ? and the line to the Joey can be as low as RG59?

and 3rd Does the Upgrade have to include a Prof Install?...I have always done all of the installs over the last 15 years with DISH... can I have them just UPS the equipment to me or is it a requirement of the upgrade to have them come do the install...

Thanks for any info
Hunter

2150mhz between LNB and Node, 3ghz between node and hoppers, 950mhz (RG-59 included) between node and joeys.

can I have them just UPS the equipment to me or is it a requirement of the upgrade to have them come do the install...

Dish is really hard about letting you DIY installs. I'd like to say it is a requirement but if you can get a retailer to set up the DIU work order, they might be willing to hand you the equipment and install charts. I don't know what the rules are for allowing them doing that though.

Seems to me that setting up the Hopper and Joeys is hard enough, even for Dish's professional installers. I can't imagine it being an easy task for the layperson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)