A few minor glitches

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Over the last few weeks, since I got 59E on my 3 HR24s, I've noticed a few minor glitches on the main setup. At the main location, I have 2 HR24s that connect via a HDMI switch to my Sony AVR and then to the Panny plasma via HDMI.

1. When powering up, there is a very noticeable lag before the audio starts at all. Get the picture and all is fine, just no audio for about 20 seconds.

2. Sometimes, for no rhyme or reason, when I skip an ad, the show will start playing again with no audio. A quick skip back usually brings the audio in fine.

3. Sometimes when changing channels, the info portion of the screen at the top will be in some odd resolution. ie; the picture of the actual show is fine, but the info is huge and blocky. Generally just changing channels back and forth causes that to fix itself. But on more rare occasions, I'll have to fiddle with a few menu selections to get things back to normal.

None of these are earth shattering, all are pretty trivial, but irritating. None of these happened prior to 59E.

Anyone seeing this? And for the CE crowd, is any of this happening with the newer CE's?

thanks

This is probably a dumb question to ask, but have you rebooted the receivers? Just a thought.

Take the Sony AVR out of the system to eliminate it as the problem.

I thought of that and did just that. Didn't seem to make a difference. As info, with the prior NR (57B), this wasn't an issue, nor was it with the SDGUI. All started with the 59E release.

This is probably a dumb question to ask, but have you rebooted the receivers? Just a thought.

Not a dumb question at all. Yes, I rebooted the receivers. Even cleared cache and NVRAM with no change. Hooked one DVR direct to the Panny too. All in vain.

As I said, these are minor glitches, so possibly the next NR will fix these.

I have seen that crazy resolution thing that you were talking about in #3 of your O/P on my HR34, but it was way back in one of the first CE's with the HD GUI. But I kind of know what you are talking about. Could be one of those issues that eventually fixes itself, I know I have had that to happen on these things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)