A few questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
After nearly 7 yrs with Charlie we just made the switch. Ordered the HMC for the living room and 2 HD receivers for bedrooms. My question is can the bedroom HD receivers access the on demand content from the HMC?
Thanks

If you record the on-demand stuff to the hard drive I dont see why it wouldnt be available. It shows up in the list of recordings like everything else

now if you mean search the on-demand stuff on a HD receiver (say a H25) via the HR34? then no it doesnt work that way

Yeah, i meant "search for it" just like if i was in the living room. So, i would need a HDDVR in the bedroom to view on demand? Correct? And what would be the additional monthly fee if i changed my order to include a HDDVR?

Last edited:
regardless of what the type of receiver is there is a $6 fee. This isnt like Dish where there are 8 different types of additional receiver fees

Your HR34 will have no receiver fee....just a $8 DVR fee
If you add a D12 (SD only receiver)...$6
a R16 or R22 (SD DVR)...$6
H23 or H25 (HD receiver),...$6
HR24 (HD DVR).....yep $6

Thanks Ice. I know i had to pay $129 including shipping for the HMC. If we called back and got 2 HDDVR's instead of the HD receivers. Would there be an additional upfront cost?

Thanks Ice. I know i had to pay $129 including shipping for the HMC. If we called back and got 2 HDDVR's instead of the HD receivers. Would there be an additional upfront cost?

Probably, seeing the H|D DVR's are typically $199 each while the HD recvr is $ 99 as a base starting point.

Call and make the changes if your going to before the install date.

Get anything you want recvr wise Now, as you may get discounted rates at this time, once your a sub you won't.

Made the call last night. For 2 HDDvr's it an additional $198 out of pocket. We passed on it as i'm under the impression the receivers will be able to record anyways through the main Home media center. Plus my wife said, "no way"! One thing i noticed about Direcv is alot of the channels we watch like VH1 classic are in the mid-tier instead of having to get the top 250 with DISH. Also DISH "holds out" on the HD version of the Movie channel. Making you subscribe to Showtime if you want it and putting Velocity in the BB pak is just plain wrong.:D

Funny you say that, I just added another HDDVR today. To my surprise, aside from the $6/mo fee and contract extension it was absolutely free. This comes pretty close after my move in Aug when I got a new HDDVR and MRV included.

The HD receivers (NOT the DVR's) are pretty much the same across the board. If you get a H21,22,23,24 or 25 they are fast :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)