A few questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
How far can we spread out the lnbs on a 32" oval Starchioce dish in order to receive more satellites?
I am aimed at g10R + 110W with 2 lnbs right now and would like to receive AM3 and AMC5 going from 79W to 123W with one dish. Is it possible?

The next question would be how to account for the tilt difference from -31.1 to 0.

Last question is how can I see the program guide in my fortec lifetime ultra. All I see is the channel list with no times or shows.

Set the skew on the Dish for the MAIN satellite you need to get (weakest) then skew the rest to get the best signal quality. Good thing about the DBS LNB is there is no skew since its circular polarity. So DBS LNB will work sideways, upside down.....

Thanks PSB, I didn't know that the DBS lnbs had no skew.
My main sat is G10R (also my true south).
The sats I also want to recieve are AM5 and AMC3, for which I need linear lnb's
How far do I need to place the lnbs from the center, or do I place them in the center but aimed outwards?
How does the focal point of the dish work when you are getting a signal sideways?

I know it is a lot of questions, but I'm trying to avoid buying a second dish.

Thanks,

No way you can get that far apart
AMC5 is at 79 and AMC3 is at 87…you could do 2 LNB’s on that but not add G10 to the mix

Another option is a motor : )

Thanks Ice,

That is exactly what I needed to know.

Now my next quest.... Someone out there with a dish for sale or for trade for 2 DTV receivers? or something similar?
I'm open to offers.

Sorry, didn't realize that I shouldn't have posted that. It was totally off topic.
Getting back on track..... here's my next question:

AMC for my location requires an elevation of 20 degrees.
I was reading the HH motor specs and it goes from 25 to 57. Does taht mean that a motor will not work for me?

Thanks

The motor elevation is usually set the same as your latitude!

(no big deal posting here just thought you would get a better response there)

You should be fine. I can get over to 148 with my motor (IA6 at 93 is my true south)
normal elevation is 15 on a fixed dish

I can get over to 30W if I tried :)
9 degrees for that :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts