[Other Topic] A Few Things...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Again :welcome: to all our new members who have joined us from RadioDiscussions.COM!

A few things for our new and long time SatelliteGuys members...

1) If you are a long time SatelliteGuys member and were also a RD member and you would like to change your username here at SatelliteGuys to your RD username you can do this just by sending me a Private Message (PM) and if its available I will change it for you. (Please give me up to 24 hours to do this)

2) You will notice that in order to post a new thread you must select a prefix for your thread. To make things easy we have set this up into states and then other topics. If you have suggestions for prefix's please let me know and I will add them. The reason for the prefixes is so that once (hopefully) things get busy here we can add new forums and it will be easier for us to move postings later in their correct forum.

3) You can use the prefix ID to show you only the posting you want to see, for example if you want to see only the Connecticut posts you would use the URL www.satelliteguys.us/forums/293-Local-Radio-Discussion?s=prefixid=Connecticut&order=desc Notice the Connecticut in the URL, you can change that to the state you want, so for example if you want Texas you would use the URL of www.satelliteguys.us/forums/293-Local-Radio-Discussion?s=prefixid=Texas&order=desc for states with a space in their name like Rhode Island you put an underscore where the space goes, so the URL would be www.satelliteguys.us/forums/293-Local-Radio-Discussion?s=prefixid=Rhode_Island&order=desc . Any questions just ask and we will help. :D

4) SatelliteGuys has a LOT of forums, some you might be interested in and some you might not. We make it easier for you so that you can customize SatelliteGuys to see the forums you want and hide the forums that you don't want! To hide the forums you don't want to see just go to your settings (http://www.satelliteguys.us/profile.php?do=editoptions) and then go to the bottom where it says EXCLUDE FORUMS FROM VIEW. Now click the forums you want to hide, click save and you now have SatelliteGuys customized for YOU!

5) To get directly to the Local Radio Discussion Forums here at SatelliteGuys just bookmark the following URL, http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/293-Local-Radio-Discussion it will automatically put you in this forum!

6) Anything else we can do please just ask! We are here to give you the Radio Discussion forums you want!

Finally I would still like to acquire RadioDiscussions, even it its just to put the old site online in a closed state, meaning all of the old posts would be visible but new conversations would not be allowed. I want to keep the history of RD alive and I don't want to lose the old posts. I would host this for FREE. I know a lot of us don't want to see everything gone from RD.

Again welcome and thank you for helping us spread the word about our new Local Radio Discussion forums! :)

Finally I would still like to acquire RadioDiscussions, even it its just to put the old site online in a closed state, meaning all of the old posts would be visible but new conversations would not be allowed. I want to keep the history of RD alive and I don't want to lose the old posts. I would host this for FREE. I know a lot of us don't want to see everything gone from RD.

These intentions rarely pan out well but I completely support your effort. If RD could snuff the board out as easily as a putting out a cigarette there's nothing to stop them from holding the forum database for a King's Ransom simply because it's the only cash grab they have left in their pocket. They dropped the board citing lack of profits so this would be their only opportunity to ring the register till. Maybe the better plan of attack would be to see if any of the Flemings have a backup before the take over. I would think they would be more receptive to the idea since it keeps Doug's original spirit and vision alive. The only thing we would miss would be the past year of the new owners mucking up the place and most will agree that was when things began to turn sour.

Scott, I'm so glad to see that someone is interested in taking over the radiodiscussions.com board or, most importantly, picking up where it left off! I hope others will migrate here soon so that your site will expand and prosper. KUDOS!! :)

Scott, I'm so glad to see that someone is interested in taking over the radiodiscussions.com board or, most importantly, picking up where it left off! I hope others will migrate here soon so that your site will expand and prosper. KUDOS!! :)
Thanks I do hope that many of the folks do find us so that we can build up our radio area. We have the software, the bandwidth and the speed. Now we just need to people to come and talk RADIO. :D

Maybe for a small fee they can add a SatGuys blurb and link on the splash that is all that is left of the old site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts