A FTA use for Dish and Bev!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bidaw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
I did a search and didn't find it in the forums here, but I found an old pluggin utility called Audiorip that in conjunction with TSReader or TSReader Lite, will strip all of the MP3's you could ever ask for from the FTA music channels being broadcast on 119 and 91.

From the author - When it runs, it finds audio channels in the mux and decodes the song title information that both Dish Network and ExpressVu send. It can play this audio back on the PC but much more importantly, it can make individual MP3 files and tag them with ID3V1 making playback with programs like WinAMP a breeze.

I was skeptical at first, but found this utility to be very easy to operate, and beneficial beyond all expectations. I tuned into one transponder on 119 that had 10 seperate FTA music channels...activated the pluggin, and a pop-up came up that showed the channel, bitrate, artist, and song...not only will the audio play, but I was able to record with one button click with all information tagged to the created mp3 file. The big bonus was that not only was I able to record that channel...I was able to record ALL of those channels at one time!!! Automatically saving each song as it played on each channel, splitting and recording each track one after another...I ended up with a boatload of files in just a couple of hours! Let it run longer and in no time, had enough files to fill up my 30 gig Ipod overnight!!!

http://www.coolstf.com/audiorip

Give the latest version a try! Believe me...I it well worth it, being a freeware pluggin and all!

Man, this hobby is just sucking all of my time, but saves me the time that I use just as quick!!!

91 has audio ITC?

I know 119 does but 91?

Which file of the three in the directory? TSreader Lite works for this?

Sounds cool. :up

My bad on 91...I have been stuck on 119 since I got this. The docs say it works on 91, but then the last version of this software was written in 05.

Stogie, I am using the 2.1 version. TSReader Lite should work...Read on DVBN that others have used it.

Thing about this...it will only work on ITC channels! Prevents people from cheating!!!

Still plenty ITC on 119. I grabbed about 6-7 Gig of new material just last night alone! And this was from genres that I really wanted. When I initially started this, I was grabbing anything and everything that I could. This was a nightmare to sort out. The thing to do is to select the genre of music that you want, and key in on those stations instead of downloading the entire TS stream at one time. Getting 25-30 gig of stuff is a hassle to go thru if you are wading through classical, country, hip-hop, latino, and the like. Then trying to sort it out. It's best to have the program do it for you. There is a little trial and error because of limited documentation, but this thing, once you get the hang of it, is better than the Ronco Ovens...Just set it and forget it!!!

TSReader is a beautiful thing.... I played with the Audiorip on some other unencrypted streams but ended up with the songs and artists names swapped. The MP2 files played pretty good though.

I had to use version 2.1 for the mp3 capability to work right. Mp2's are fine on the PC, but my mp3 player hiccuped on the mp2 so mp3 it had to be. I hope to try this on the digital radio feeds on 97, but I'm not holding my breath that it will work. So much on 119!

Tweak it a little digiblur, you will get it! DVBN has a forum dedicated to the Audiorip pluggin if you have any issues with it.

I had to use version 2.1 for the mp3 capability to work right. Mp2's are fine on the PC, but my mp3 player hiccuped on the mp2 so mp3 it had to be. I hope to try this on the digital radio feeds on 97, but I'm not holding my breath that it will work. So much on 119!

Tweak it a little digiblur, you will get it! DVBN has a forum dedicated to the Audiorip pluggin if you have any issues with it.

Nothing to tweak...it's a known issue on the streams I was on.

I'd say about 45% of the audio ITC on 119 is stereo. All stereo channels pushing a 192k bitrate.

I may have to try to tinker with ts reader lite again to get this going. I have given up on using my dvbworld box to record movies at the moment since my computer's too darn slow and creates those darn 0 kb files. My wife is in to using her mp3 player a lot, so this could be useful for her.

That's exactly almost (heh) what happened to me. Old girl with a mp3 player, old machine, excess sat dvb card, tsreader....now happiness that she can have all the MP3's she wants! It also gets her involved in a hobby that I have grown to love! She thinks the sat stuff is like crack to me...got my first hit for free, now I am ready to mortgage the house looking for E.T.!!!

Good Luck mastermesh!

That's exactly almost (heh) what happened to me. Old girl with a mp3 player, old machine, excess sat dvb card, tsreader....now happiness that she can have all the MP3's she wants! It also gets her involved in a hobby that I have grown to love! She thinks the sat stuff is like crack to me...got my first hit for free, now I am ready to mortgage the house looking for E.T.!!!

Good Luck mastermesh!

bidaw - That is awesome! I am hoping to teach my boy, who is currently 20 months old, that he doesn't need to sit down at the end of a cable tv line and watch the channels of their choosing. He will experience what a wild feed is, and he will learn what technology is involved in getting that signal to his screen :) I have 3 dishes mounted to the roof of my storage shed right now, he has learned what the word "dish" is now. I keep telling him 'That's where the Sesame Street comes from' :)

old machine, excess sat dvb card, tsreader...
Can you explain for us FTA 1st timers what hardware you use? The audiorip website seems to have "coolsat" in the URL, but you have a Twinhan PC card? And what does it mean to be "slaved" to some other receiver? I'm all Dish Network hardware right now, w/Dish Pro DP34 switch and LNBs looking at 61.5, 110, and 119.

To use TSReader, you need to have a compatible DVB card (check out TSReader website for this). You could slave a dvb card to a FTA receiver, but this is unnecessary for this application and its use. Hook your 119 feed into the DVB card, start up TSReader, activate the audiorip pluggin and you are done...Just that easy.

I'm a bit dense. I haven't ever figured out the ts reader yet... got it installed and it's running after I got the dvb world box working with it via the dts driver... The Tune DVBWORLD DVB-S2101 DSS box is now in front of me with a Tune button, Cancel Button, Positioner Button and Input Setup Box. On the left is a list of satellites and on the right is frequency. If I enter frequency and click tune I get a message after a while that it can't find a signal. I know that the dish is pointed at 119 since the pansat is staring at Nasa Channel... what do I need to do to get this darn thing working? I entered 12268 as frequency, 20000 as symbol rate. Now do I pick Horizontal/LHCP or Vertical/RHCP and do I need to pick switch input as none, D1, D2, D4, or D4... I'm assuming none? I have my dvb world box hooked directly to the lnb on an invacom quad.

Last edited:
Did you try a LNB Frequency (The third box) of "11250" ? Also if your Pansat is on a Right polarization transponder you can only tune a right polarization on your DVB card. To tune both polarizations (Right and Left) press the power button on the Pansat's remote control.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)