A FTA use for Dish and Bev!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't get the 192k bitrate MP2 confused with the 192k bitrate MP3 files.
OK, I am getting perilously close to spending money. Can you give us a clue what the audio quality is like, before it's too late? I'm interested in whether folks who call themselves audiophiles would agree that Dish is broadcasting "CD-quality" with their 192k CBR (?) MPEG-2 audio channels. I gather this was not quite CD-quality given the codecs produced during the '90's.

Last edited:
I have it hooked up
invacom quad lnb (L&C ports 1 and 2)-->switch 1--> reciever
invacom quad lnb (L&C ports 2 and 3)-->switch 2-->dvb world box-->computer

so whichever H or V that the reciever is on shouldn't affect the computer's reception... but I still am not finding any signals.... I think that even when I had the dvb world box working a few weeks back ts reader lite still always gave me a "no signal found" .... :(

It still isn't pulling in any signal... frustrating as hell since now the driver wants to default back to ts reader dll all the time even if I uninstall ts reader... anyways, I know that the signal is getting to the dvb world box fine since I tested it, and ran another coax off of it to the pansat box's if in and it saw the nasa channel just fine like that. I know it's sitting on the dish is on the right satellite... I know that the signal is going to the dvb world box, and I know that the hardware should all be good... what I don't know is why the heck it ain't working... damn you ts reader :(

think I may have to agree with you.... or say damn you user error... got it going finally... tried one of the preset tps... the manually loaded nasa one ain't working for me but the directv ones are....

Which tp is it that I need to be on to get the music channels?

Last edited:
...I found an old pluggin utility called Audiorip that in conjunction with TSReader or TSReader Lite, will strip all of the MP3's you could ever ask for from the FTA music channels being broadcast on 119...
But it'll cost you. What I didn't appreciate until after buying a DVB-S card is that TSReader Lite will only work for 1 minute! Good for testing before buying. But if you want to record a whole song, then you'll have to spring for TSReader Standard ($99).

Last edited:
Still plenty ITC on 119. I grabbed about 6-7 Gig of new material just last night alone! And this was from genres that I really wanted. When I initially started this, I was grabbing anything and everything that I could. This was a nightmare to sort out. The thing to do is to select the genre of music that you want, and key in on those stations instead of downloading the entire TS stream at one time. Getting 25-30 gig of stuff is a hassle to go thru if you are wading through classical, country, hip-hop, latino, and the like. Then trying to sort it out. It's best to have the program do it for you. There is a little trial and error because of limited documentation, but this thing, once you get the hang of it, is better than the Ronco Ovens...Just set it and forget it!!!

This will help sort everything out. I have used it to fix over 250gigs of mp3 files. FixTunes - Fix Your MP3 Tags and Names, Add Album Art and Remove Duplicates

I'm using a Pico Macom Sat Tracker and only scan about 15 fta music channels on 119. Used to be a whole lot more. Perhaps I've got the wrong settings...

Anyone familiar with the Pico?

Thanks much!

I'm using a Pico Macom Sat Tracker and only scan about 15 fta music channels on 119. Used to be a whole lot more. Perhaps I've got the wrong settings...
Use the New! The List! tab at the top of this page. You are missing half the CD channels, let alone the Aud (mono) channels and other miscellaneous channels of potential interest such as FMONE. (I just recorded a snip of FMONE and it's coming down at 80kbps mono.)

New version of TSreader Lite

Go here to download 2.8.46a. Readme is dated Oct 24th. I noticed a new BDA-S driver (which still doesn't work with my Twinhan 1025). :(

It appears that Dish is encrypting most if not all of it's radio channels. :( Are there any left for use with TSreader/AudioRip?

Nuts nuts nuts. I never did get TSreader to work with my Twinhan, and now this happens. I can find only Hawaiian music still free (channel 981). Edit: found another on 110, SING channel 19060. Seems to be a Karaoke channel.

It'll only do one minute of ANYTHING. :)

I'm telling you though, TSReader has changed the way I watch DVB TV. Its that good. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts