A good CSR

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
It was time to switch to MPEG 4 and I figured I might as well go all the way and get the DVR-622. Called DISH and after the enldess stream of press 1 if, or press 2 if, and none of the choices really being exactly what I wanted, I ended up pressing the # that lead to "Tech" help to order a new receiver.

Surprisingly it went well. A very well informed service rep who said she was in PA and (we will see when the bill comes) seemed to really know the deal.

I was told I would be getting a 622 for the upfront cost of $149.99, with a $50.00 rebate, and $100.00 in credits to be used one per month. So the upfront cost is recouped.

By the time the various fees were waived because of ordering the America's Everthing Package, and the HD package, and connecting to a phone line, I end up with only $6.00 as a monthly rental fee. I do pay $10.00 more per month as the HD package is now $20.00 rether thatn the $10.00 I was paying, but I can the MPEG 4 channels like ESPN-2. Also get a DVR and the ability to watch 2 different channels (great wife acceptance factor).

If this is all true it was a pretty good deal. Really for $10.00 extra a month total, I gain stations, the DVF, the ability to watch two channels, and some service person comes out and does it, although I don't know why they do that, as the 811 I am trading in they just sent to my address for home owner hookup.

This Rep was well informed polite, and even had a sense of humor. No horror story here, just the way things should go.

Last edited:
Surprisingly it went well. A very well informed service rep who said she was in PA and (we will see when the bill comes) seemed to really know the deal.

I was told I would be getting a 622 for the upfront cost of $149.99, with a $50.00 rebate, and $100.00 in credits to be used one per month. So the upfront cost is recouped.

If this is all true it was a pretty good deal. Really for $10.00 extra a month total, I gain stations, the DVF, the ability to watch two channels, and some service person comes out and does it, although I don't know why they do that, as the 811 I am trading in they just sent to my address for home owner hookup.

Self install? What was the delivery time for the 622?

The CSR told me on the phone that I could do a self install. I would say delivery time would be 3-5 days. However, I had a tech come out and do the install since it was free and I had no duplexers. I do need to upgrade to the 1000.2 Dish. Although it is not critical, my signal levels on the 129 sat are low, around 50-60 with audio and video going out on occassion.

time

I made this order on 2-12-07 and they are sending out the tech on 2-18-07. That is Presidents days so I am skeptical, but we will see. I did the self install on my 811, and in the old days a C-band, but this time since it cost the same, I will let DISH's service take care of it. Should be about 30 minutes.

It was time to switch to MPEG 4 and I figured I might as well go all the way and get the DVR-622. Called DISH and after the enldess stream of press 1 if, or press 2 if, and none of the choices really being exactly what I wanted, I ended up pressing the # that lead to "Tech" help to order a new receiver.

It went well because you were smart and used a tech person instead of the regular no nothing csr's

TECH department always have more intelligent people working there and they speak fluid English because they are in America and are staffed by AMERICANS.

There was really no other # to push that made sense. I did know that getting a Tech person was better than an non English as a first language sales person, but it was just the way the system is set up. Maybe I missed something, but there was no # to push for upgrades.

Thank you Sat Guys for the good info to know getting a service person rather that a salesperson was a good thing. I love PA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)