A heads up for anyone thinking of upgrading to a 922

bruin95

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Sin City
If you have recordings on your old receiver that you're going to want to migrate over to the 922, you won't be able to do this at the present time. Also, if you do not have an activated EHD on your account and need to save your recordings, do this BEFORE you set up an appointment to have a 922 installed. A friend of mine decided to get the 922. He has about 30 recordings on his old receiver and does not use an EHD. He figured he'd order the 922, activate an EHD, dump the recordings onto it, and then migrate it over to the 922.

First off, Dish wouldn't let him activate an EHD after he had already made the appointment to have a 922 installed. They said once there is a work order pending, you cannot change anything on your account until the work order is finished.

Secondly, it seems that, at the current time, you cannot use an EHD with the 922. They are supposedly working on that feature, as we speak, but have no time frame for when it will be available. It could be next week, it could 6 months from now. Who knows.

So, if you already have an EHD activated, you won't have any problems. You just won't be able to view those programs for the foreseeable future. If you don't have an EHD active and want to keep some of the content you have, make sure you activate BEFORE you order the 922.

What my friend needs to do now is wait until the tech closes out the work order, reconnect the old receiver, connect and format an EHD, and then dump the recordings on it, disconnect the receiver and give it to the tech to take away. I'm sure the tech will be thrilled to have to sit there and wait for all of this to finish. :rolleyes:

If you have recordings on your old receiver that you're going to want to migrate over to the 922, you won't be able to do this at the present time. Also, if you do not have an activated EHD on your account and need to save your recordings, do this BEFORE you set up an appointment to have a 922 installed. A friend of mine decided to get the 922. He has about 30 recordings on his old receiver and does not use an EHD. He figured he'd order the 922, activate an EHD, dump the recordings onto it, and then migrate it over to the 922.

First off, Dish wouldn't let him activate an EHD after he had already made the appointment to have a 922 installed. They said once there is a work order pending, you cannot change anything on your account until the work order is finished.

Secondly, it seems that, at the current time, you cannot use an EHD with the 922. They are supposedly working on that feature, as we speak, but have no time frame for when it will be available. It could be next week, it could 6 months from now. Who knows.

So, if you already have an EHD activated, you won't have any problems. You just won't be able to view those programs for the foreseeable future. If you don't have an EHD active and want to keep some of the content you have, make sure you activate BEFORE you order the 922.

What my friend needs to do now is wait until the tech closes out the work order, reconnect the old receiver, connect and format an EHD, and then dump the recordings on it, disconnect the receiver and give it to the tech to take away. I'm sure the tech will be thrilled to have to sit there and wait for all of this to finish. :rolleyes:
This is not new news. Plus, take it to the proper forum.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-vip-922-support-discussion-forum/

"Please" is a word often not used in our society today, a kind word of civility that precedes a request. Would it kill us to use it and be certain to have made the effort not to (unintentionally?) offend others? We certainly wouldn't want this (advertised as "Friendly Forums" on the home page) to turn into the other site with the "LONG" arm of his bitter law.

So, if you already have an EHD activated, you won't have any problems. You just won't be able to view those programs for the foreseeable future.

Again, this is only partially correct. You CAN view present EHD content. PLEASE see the active thread about this in the 922 discussions.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-vip-922-support-discussion-forum/208674-922-ehd.html

Last edited:
My friend got set up today with his 922. He has been able to transfer the recordings off the hard drive to the 922, so that's good. The 922 won't play the recordings off the hard drive and you cannot transfer to the hard drive. Hopefully soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)