A little advice for cancelling or changing an existing order.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larlane

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
I placed this order in the middle of Sept through AAA phone number/rep. I was trying to get the new C31 along with the H34. As I did a little research, I discovered that the order was for a Samsung client and that the C31 was not available. I decided to change the install date and will be contacting them on Thu when the new offer begins. The install date is this Sat.

I am now considering an HR24 in the mix along with 2 clients for 4 total TV's. I understand the H34 and 3 clients will be free to new customers. I'm thinking i could substitute an HD DVR and still have the same out of pocket costs as the original order. I also want to try to get a referal discount added. I'm thinking it would be easier to cancel and reorder this Thu, but I'm also wondering if I can keep the original install date if I have it changed. Aside from the original equipment fee, is there a difference in the monthly cost of a C31 and an HD DVR?

Item DescriptionPriceQuantityTotal
Home Media Center Additional TV InstallationFree 1 Free
Satellite Dish(es)Free 1 Free
20 Months - CBOFree 1 Free
HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME and CINEMAX Free for 3 MonthsFree 1 Free
Rebate - Redemption RequiredFree 1 Free
ARS and HD DiscountFree 1 Free
HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME and CINEMAX Free for 3 MonthsFree 1 Free
AAA Affinity Discount - $10 off for 20 monthsFree 1 Free
Rebate - Redemption Required ($24 Credit Months 1-12, $10 Credit Months 13-24)Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ MAX 2012 UpgradeFree 1 Free
Rebate - Redemption Required ($5 Online Rebate Months 1-12)Free 1 Free
$10 off for 24 months Advanced ReceiverFree 1 Free
Rebate - Redemption Required ($10 Credit Months 13-24)Free 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ included for the 2012 SeasonFree 1 Free
$10 off for 24 months Advanced Receiver CommentFree 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ MAX 2012 UpgradeFree 1 Free
Advanced Receiver$20.00 1 $20.00
RVU Service$12.00 1 $12.00
GIFTW ACT1
AddSavTrkFree 1 Free
AdvRcvTRKFree 1 Free
BasPkgSavFree 1 Free
_Instant RebateFree 1 Free
PREMw/HBOFree 1 Free
CHOICE XTRA$68.99 1 $68.99
HBO, STARZ!, SHOW, CINEMAX$45.00 1 $45.00
HD AccessFree 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX Upgrade 2012 Season: Included with your base packageFree 1 Free
NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2012 Season: Included with your base packageFree 1 Free
Home Media Center 3$18.00 1 $18.00
Home Media Center HD DVR$399.00 1 $399.00
DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection KitFree 1 Free
HMC Receiver ConditionFree 1 Free
1st AP Instant Rebate at $300 for HMC was given to the customer based on DIRECTV eligibility requirements.Free 1 Free
DIRECTV® Home Media Center Client Installation (TV)Free 1 Free
MRV InstallFree 1 Free
First Instant Rebate($300.00) 1 ($300.00)
Delivery and Handling Fee$19.95
Professional InstallationFree
Tax$8.33
Order Total$127.28

C31 is most likely not available yet. You could do the HMC order with an additional HD receiver (most likely will receive an H25).

They most likely will have to cancel your order and create a new one, but perhaps they can edit it.

As it looks now, they would be hooking up a Samsung TV with the HMC capabilities, which is not the C31.

jcrandall said:
C31 is most likely not available yet. You could do the HMC order with an additional HD receiver (most likely will receive an H25).

They most likely will have to cancel your order and create a new one, but perhaps they can edit it.

As it looks now, they would be hooking up a Samsung TV with the HMC capabilities, which is not the C31.

They've been pushing the training on the C31 in the indi market and today techs were given HR34's and C31's and was told today that they go live starting 10/9 and expect to start seeing the work order within 48 hours. Don't know if its just us or national but I'm pretty sure its a national launch.

C31 is thought to be cheaper, perhaps as low as $39, but for most situations Directv would give it free like they HD receiver today.

C31 is 100% dependent on the HR34 for its tuner/signal, there is no tuners in it. Its positive is that the DVR function is more natural with the HR34, such as scheduling, managing recordings, and pausing live TV.

The H24/H25 solution can schedule recordings, but not manage them, and cannot pause live TV. The advantage is that it does not take a tuner from the HR34 when watching live TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)