A little confused with some of the Genie features

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ely

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Miami, FL
When I go to the WholeHome area in Settings I see "Share Playlist" where I can select either YES or NO to sharing playlists, are "Playlists" the same as "Recordings" on the DVR? I assume if I select "NO" then other clients will not be able to play, see or delete my recordings, however if this is the functionality of this feature then what is the "External Device" feature for? if I select "External Access: Block" does this mean clients will not function or will this just deny access to the DVR functionality from the clients connected to the Genie?

Then I see "Recordings:Block" isn't this the same as selecting "No" in the "Share Playlist" feature? I'm confused with this, I also see a "Current Program" Allow or Block, does this mean someone can join the program I'm watching from another client? If yes how is this done?

I have watched the commercials than you can start watching a program in one room then puse and continue watching in another room, how is this done, I don't seem to find those :)

Thanks in advance.

Playlists=Recordings
External Device= Clients, Nomad, Ipad, Iphone etc..
Not sure on the others, but to Start watching a recording in one room and continue in another, just hit "Stop" then in the other room select the recording from the list and select "Resume"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)