a little different 722 problem

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
I'm out of contract (with Absolute HD) and I have the Dish Protection Plan. Lately I've been having trouble with my 722. I have to keep resetting it, and occasionally unplug it, for everything to work properly. Sometimes, like another poster, I get the no video, even though it records successfully, problem. But a couple of times now, when I tried to delete a DVR'd show, it says cannot delete. Then it shows my list empty, and all my timers are gone. A soft reset doesn't help, I have to unplug for a little while. Does it sound like the new software update is the culprit, or maybe the 722 itself. If I need to replace it through the service plan, does it renew my contract, would I lose Absolute, what equipment would I get, etc, etc.

I own my equipment, a 722, and I'm an Absolute sub. My first 722's hard drive went bad 9 months or so after purchase. Dish replaced my unit with a refurb. No charge, and did not lose my Absolute subscription...AND, no committment.

I'm out of contract (with Absolute HD) and I have the Dish Protection Plan. Lately I've been having trouble with my 722. I have to keep resetting it, and occasionally unplug it, for everything to work properly. Sometimes, like another poster, I get the no video, even though it records successfully, problem. But a couple of times now, when I tried to delete a DVR'd show, it says cannot delete. Then it shows my list empty, and all my timers are gone. A soft reset doesn't help, I have to unplug for a little while. Does it sound like the new software update is the culprit, or maybe the 722 itself. If I need to replace it through the service plan, does it renew my contract, would I lose Absolute, what equipment would I get, etc, etc.

I have had the misfortune of the HD in 2 DVR's dieing. Both times DIsh replaced the DVR (under dhpp) at no charge to me. No contract extension or change and certainly no loss of programming. Not sure why you would think that would be the case.

Ross

I have had the misfortune of the HD in 2 DVR's dieing. Both times DIsh replaced the DVR (under dhpp) at no charge to me. No contract extension or change and certainly no loss of programming. Not sure why you would think that would be the case.

Ross

You never know with Dish!
Thanks everyone. I'll be contacting Dish soon. Does it take long for the replacement? And how exactly does that work? They mail it, with a return box?

New problem... after reset, either soft or hard, shows tv for about a minute, then freezes.

OK, got a replacement 722 from Dish - 3 to 5 days. Likely a refurb. Anyone know what a 722k or 922 upgrade would cost me?

Last edited:
What's DHA TOO acct? The 922 for $200 would be with a 24mo commitment, right?

OK, got my new (refurb) 722. Everything works great, except that now I don't have Encore HD (or SD) ch 340 anymore. As an absolute customer, am I supposed to have it? I don't want to call to get my channel back, and end up losing Absolute.

Absolute does not get encore HD, if you had it before you were the lucky one. Only way you get it is if u had the encore pack added.

Absolute does not get encore HD, if you had it before you were the lucky one. Only way you get it is if u had the encore pack added.

I guess I was the lucky one! Didn't watch much on there anyway. Guess I won't bother calling them. Thanks Koilvr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)