Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I know on this board we say "turn the dish 1/8" at a time. A little can make a huge difference". How true that is!!

Over the weekend, I tried to tune all my satellites in a little better. Last week in Minneapolis we had big wind storms and after that I noticed G10 was lower than normal. A little tuning with the motor brought it back.

I was amazed at what one click on the motor does
AMC1..Pentagon channel was at 20 quality (yet stable). 2 clicks west...58 quality
AMC2..Test card for Dish 105 was at 45. 1 click west..57 quality
SBS6..ONN was around 60..2 clicks west...80 quality
AMC6..WVGN had 0 quality....oh wait that ones gone now :D

If you have USALS, a good way is to change the satellite location
123.0 is now 123.5
95.0 is now 95.2
etc

so if you think you have a good signal, try one click East or West. You never know what the quality will be :)

Great tip Icedude!

Another way to do that is to change your USALS LONGITUDE by .1 or .2 degrees if your receiver has that option. Then you only have to change one setting.

You can still bump each SAT for even closer fine tuning like Iceberg said.

Then you may want to pull your LNB a bit further away or push it a bit closer to the dish.

Every little bit helps.

I know that anything less than 30 Quality and my PANSAT wont lock.

Mark_AR said:
I know that anything less than 30 Quality and my PANSAT wont lock.

I proved this theory wrong on Saturday

North Dakota hockey locked at 28 and was between 20-28 most of the night and kept a signal....til the 3rd period :(

ONN used to have great stability for me at only 20-24 or so. On the other hand, Empire sports net would just be blackness with chirps and garbles at about 15.

But then I too discovered the secrets of Iceberg's Dish Tuning Procedure, and increased my quality meter length by at least 150%! Thanks Iceberg!

TuxCoder is a nonpaid endorser of the Iceberg Dish Tuning Procedure. That check never did come, you know. The views expressed do not reflect those of TuxCoder or SatelliteGuys.us or its sponsors.

TuxCoder said:
ONN used to have great stability for me at only 20-24 or so. On the other hand, Empire sports net would just be blackness with chirps and garbles at about 15.

But then I too discovered the secrets of Iceberg's Dish Tuning Procedure, and increased my quality meter length by at least 150%! Thanks Iceberg!

TuxCoder is a nonpaid endorser of the Iceberg Dish Tuning Procedure. That check never did come, you know. The views expressed do not reflect those of TuxCoder or SatelliteGuys.us or its sponsors.

I'm not only the president....but I'm also a client :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts