A little help from...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lmmau

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Hi everyone,

A little time passed since the last time: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/157754-need-help-installation-3.html a lot of reading etc...

Everythings are now in place and it works!!!! After a long way of try and retry I could see Galaxy 19, AMC4 and few others. The quality is not very good though, everytime it rains we loose channels... But at least it works.

I want to thank you all for all the good advices you provided through all those pages on the forum.

But here I am again with some questions...

I have tried several times to enter visionsat site but it seems that it is out is there a new place to download upgrade for the receiver or it is the end...? Completly at the bottom of this page: http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/101350-visionsat-iv200-pvr-plus-2.html there is a link refering to an update the link seems to be no more good, is there someone who couuld indicate me if there is another place to get them...

I also, a while, downloaded the one that Tron nicely offered me on this post, now it seems that the link he gave me does not work anymore...

It would a been nice if someone who has all the update release from Visionsat to put them down on the site or send them to me via email. I know that I ask a lot but I would be so happy, I’ve been reading a lot on this site and it does help me a lot to understand this wonderfull hobby that I just start to discover an appreciate...

... rename all satellites to their current names, and deleted all transponders on each satellite except for one. I did this to streamline and modernize my list, and blind scan seems to be finding everything ...
I can change the names of the satellite easely but could not find the way to change the numbers, like Galaxy 25 for 19... How can you change the numbers?

Can you manually enter the information and get it? First you have to create the Satellite, then "Add TP" . That's how I got there. The low symbol rate may be part of the problem.
How can you ad new satellites that are not in the list? I did not see nothing in the manual...

I dont remember. I always do a factory reset after putting the new software in it
What do you mean... Why you do a factory reset after entering a new software...?

I saw on the site few updates that where posted on this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/101350-visionsat-iv200-pvr-plus.html Do I have to install all of them? The one that Tron gave me was install with success but the problem that I encountered it is that after the installation and restart the receiver it reoppened on PAL, had a very hard time to come back on NTSC. The thing I would like to know do I have to enter all these upgrades.

And finally is that normal that when you blind scan a satellite the receiver detect some frequencies that you can not see the the programs for exemple the blindscan detect Al Jazeera on 12152 but I do not see it?

Thank you again all to forgive my english that is not so good and for all the good advices.

lmmau

Al Jazeera comes in fine here, on G19 12152.....strong signal. I seem to remember there was another entry for it on G19 that was encrypted>maybe you have been seeing it? Not sure if it is still there, but I do have it working on 12152 and not scrambled. Somebody else will have to answer your visionsat q's as I don't have any experience with that rec.

Al Jazeera comes in fine here, on G19 12152.....strong signal. I seem to remember there was another entry for it on G19 that was encrypted>maybe you have been seeing it? Not sure if it is still there, but I do have it working on 12152 and not scrambled. Somebody else will have to answer your visionsat q's as I don't have any experience with that rec.

Thank you for the info. I do not know what is the problem most of the time on a frequency like 12152 it is all the channel that does not come in but the receiver find them???

Are you getting a strong signal level on that satellite? If its borderline, it may be good enough for the rec to scan the channels but not display them all the time. Does it work better at night, or different times of the day? I'm not familiar with that big invacom lnb but I believe you might find a standard linear lnbf works better.

Hmmm... It looks like the official Visionsat company website is gone. They had stopped updating firmware after 1.45, and from what I've heard the IV-200 is no longer manufactured. This is not uncommon, as most of these FTA receivers are imported from overseas and simply branded and sold by the company whose name appears on them. As for editing the channel lists (changing names and orbital locations), I use a program called KBOX editor to do that. I am attaching a copy of it...

Attachments

• KBOX_Editor.zip
    971.5 KB · Views: 95
Many thanks to both of you.

In fact you are right Turbosat the quality of reception varies in the course of the day, it is a lot better at evening and even a lot better at night. On all satellites the level is over 80% and few of them 85% But the quality is poor. During the day it goes between 15 and 35%, on some it goes up to 50%. At night the all gain 15 to 30%. I had a standard lnb but since I have the invacom the quality increased aurond 10 to 15% on almost all satellites. Like for 12152 one day I made a blindscan full of channel entered but a couple of days after that 80% on the level but nothing on the quality...

Thank you very much Tron for the KBox programm, I first thought that these new ad on were comming with the updates from Visionsat site. From your point of view an I better to enter all these updates that I grab from this forum? Should I expect some problem downloading them in the receiver?

Once again thank you!

lmmau

immau, don't know where you are but sounds like you're pretty far east and north. I'm suspecting your lnbf may be the problem. Sometimes when they get weak, they work better at night, when its cooler, and the noise level from space (or the sun, or whatever causes it) isn't so bad. Either that, or you have some other weak link in your system. Have you got another receiver you could hook up to that dish/lnbf to try??

You are rfight Turbosat, I am living in the North East, in Québec, Canada near Sherbrooke. The Invacom that I have is brand new about 3 weeks old. In fact all the kit I have is brand new. I have another receiver that is programed on Pal that I have the hard time to find the way to change the programmation on it since we can't see anything. A frgiend of ine brought it in Montreal an told me that the problem is finally fixed, so I should have it as soon as we met. I will certainly try it when I put the hand on it. I will also cut a tree that I suspect that can be the cause of the problem.

Thank you again.

One thing I forgot to ask, the upgardes 1.45 an earlier that I found here, can they improve the quality of the reception?

I would upgrade the firmware to the latest available, it may improve some things, or correct some defective features. Since it was the last firmware upgrade before the company abandoned it, I'd go for it. Check out the tree problem--if its close by dish's line of sight, maybe that is the problem, though I don't know if that would account for the improvement at night. Post back when you have a chance to try the other rec out on your dish.

Thank you very much Tron for the KBox programm, I first thought that these new ad on were comming with the updates from Visionsat site. From your point of view an I better to enter all these updates that I grab from this forum? Should I expect some problem downloading them in the receiver?

As Turbosat suggested, I would update the firmware to 1.45. There had been some strange DiSEqC/blind scan issues in earlier versions. If you're not confident about the serial connection to your PC (or your PC doesn't have a serial port), use a thumb drive for the file transfers. It will do the job fine.

One thing I did not mention yet is that I use a motor HH90 so I always do the blindscan on USALS is that fact could change something on the results? Should I try it directly from the lnb to the receiver as someone suggest me? I tried it before with a regular lnb and it did not change anything. May be with this new invacom it could...???

Thank you for your kindness both!

Last edited:
The older Visionsat firmware wouldn't blind scan (on ports 2-4? I forgot...) when USALS was involved, or something like that. It all got fixed in the latest version.

EDIT: Here's the thread that discusses the (now fixed) issue...

Thank you for your patience Tron. In fact that thread you gave me is interesting since I want to hook ujp a second receiver as soon as I will get it back from my friend.

One more question, when there are updates like visionsat had 5 or 6 I do not know exactly, is the last one correct all bugs since the beginning or if you have to load all of the updates to fix different problems? Hope you will understand to understand this question I am having hard time to write what I want to say...

Thank's again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)